Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how long they will be free-
Free today-camping/survival ebooks https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_4?fst=p90x%3A1&rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3Acamping+free+kindle+books&page=4&keywords=camping+free+kindle+books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523741771
Page above includes-
Non Toxic Mosquito Repellent recipes (2 dif. ebooks)
Emergency Water Filtration
20 Edible Plants
Wilderness Navigation w/o GPS (most of us already know this but youngins' don't) but there may be something in it.
Winter Survival
If you want more, you can search Amazon for 'Camping Free Kindle ebooks', it would be nice to have a bunch of ebooks downloaded as part of our preps.

Survival Guide
Survival Guide: Best Ideas On How To Survive An EMP + 52 Effective Natural Remedies To Survive Anywhere: (Herbal Medicine, Essential Oils, How to Survive An EMP Attack) (Naturopathy, Survival Book)
https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Guide-Effective-Essential-Naturopathy-ebook/dp/B079C3F1Q9/ref=sr_1_67?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1523743348&sr=1-67&keywords=camping+free+kindle+books

Survival Bar Recipes
Homemade Survival Bars: 15 Recipes Of High Nutritional Bars To Keep You Physically Active While Emergency : (Survival Pantry, Canning and Preserving, Prepper's (Bug out bag, Bushcraft, Prepping Book 2)
https://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Sur...pID=519O767WpyL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Bugs
Bugs Survival Guide: Encyclopedia On Dangerous Bugs And Ticks And Collection Of Repellents To Get Rid Of Them
https://www.amazon.com/Bugs-Survival-Guide-Encyclopedia-Collection-ebook/dp/B073Z1LKLX/ref=sr_1_72?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1523743428&sr=1-72&keywords=camping+free+kindle+books

Shelter
Bushcraft: How To Build A Shelter For Any Survival Situation
https://www.amazon.com/Bushcraft-Bu...67&sr=1-73&keywords=camping+free+kindle+books

Free Survival ebooks Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=survival+free+kindle+books&rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3Asurvival+free+kindle+books&ajr=0

I haven't read them yet, hope there is something helpful in them! If you like them, please try to leave a review, that's why they give them away it helps sell their other books:)

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,555 Posts
Most of them suck and just an FYI, there is a thread for deals at the top of this section where stuff like this should go

·
Ordinary Average Guy
1,062 Posts
Thank you for sharing this information. Generally, yes you get what you pay for, but I have many, many free kindle books that I have learned one or 2 new or different things from.

I generally go in every couple days and perform a search, (camping, gardening, prepping, etc.) then put them in order of price starting with the cheapest ($0).
When books are offered for free, they generally have a time or number of downloads limit. If you go in after the offer is expired (and they do not tell you what the criteria is) then the book will be back to normal price.
I have gotten some very helpful book this way (Such as the "I Can Can" series).

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,863 Posts
Lots of free books on Amazon. Scifi, horror, zombie, pox-eclips, plague, EMP, nuke war, plant medicines, crafts, homesteading stuff, history, howto, even those damned cozy mysteries the ladies seem to love. Kindle Unlimited isn't necessary. I get on average maybe six books a day. I skip more than I take.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
They were only free if you were paying for Kindle Unlimited
just buy with 1-click and you can avoid the amazon kindle unlimited buy in.

If you download kindle for PC or other apps they will then show up in there.

I am just going to review some of these free books here. rated *'s out of 5 ***** #B= BEGINNER #I= INTERMEDIATE #A=ADVANCED

* #B 1. Wesley Jones Emergency Preparedness:. ... it is very basic for people without any knowledge of prepping whatsoever. it reads like a government 72 emergency guide more or less. in fact it offers less info than some government primers I've seen. Only get this if you need basic info on how to get started with prepping. waste of time for anyone with any teeth.

by Vitaly Pedchenko" I HIGHLY recommend this book for anyone just getting into prepping.

*** B# RECOMMENDED 3. Cade Courtley: SEAL Survival Guide active shooter and survival medicine excerpt (I recommend this book for people for likely tactical considerations... important concepts such as cover vs. conceilment and tons of other very important things. good book excerpt available for free from amazon.

* B# 4. Disaster Preparadness for your home by Tommy Watson INTRODUCTORY book, not much value to anyone who knows the basics... good starting guide to help people get started

** B# 5. Emergency Food Storage Rick Vaugn This book is a beginners guide on what types of food to stock, and a little bit of info on other subjects. Not very indepth. If you are just starting to decide what to stock you can look at this, but not a very deep guide. Recommended to Joe Average who is not out to stock the best stuff but just get started with common foods you are probably use to.

**** B# RECOMMENDED 6.
The 8 Secret Skills of an Ex-IDF Special FOrces Operator That Will Keep You Safe Roy Shepard: This is as Roy states a basic guide, that is a good source for introductory tactical considerations such as basic self defence and some generic group tacitcal signaling methods. Some basic self defence moves and other gimicky items at the end.

7. ** #B Survive Like a Caveman Get Food With Hunting, Build Safe Shelter and Navigate Without Map
This book was alright for providing examples on how to do many basic wilderness survival skills. It is a fairly light read.

8. ** #B Emergency Survival Program: A Survival Handbook Every Prepper Needs/ This is a good guide to get started with BUT there are some things I really don't agree with in it. I also found the cooking section - recipes to be way out of place but still a useful camping directory BUT really unhealthy recipes. The suggestions to include sugary death in your food preps was also questionable. This book has sections that are very opinion based. If you are new to prepping this has lots of information that will help you understand important aspects of prepping including using your head when things get bad.

9. ** #B Wilderness Navigation: Over 25 survival skills how to find your way without GPS This is a goood book on some wilderness navigation skills. It is suited for someone who does not have any hiking experience and hasn't spent time in the woods without a gps system. Good for anyone planning on bugging out on foot or going hiking in the woods. I disagree with the suggestiont to walk downhill. You should only do this on dry land. In wetlands or near river areas, you can find yourself in very hard to travers wetland if you go to the lowest elevation. If you have a long way to go and are not trying to avoid being tracked I would avoid lowland. Walking near a river is great but walking in lowland near a river is not great and is a hellish experience especially in bug country.

10. ** #B Ham Radio Beginner's Guide by Sam Butts: really sparse manual that is more like a lesson than a book. Good read for anyon without any knoweldge of ham radio.

11. *** #B Eric's Big Book of Wilderness Survival This book reads a lot like the SAS survival guide but without plants
and track identification section. This is just barely 3 stars cause it is well consolidated. I thought it was a good guide though for anyone without basic wilderness knowledge. The SAS survival guide is probably better though.

*** #B St. John Ambulance First Aid Reference Guide: Concise first aid manual. it is a little wordy and covers all basic first aid course info. Includes the health care provider component as well as childbirth and other topics.

·
Semper Fi
9,537 Posts
just buy with 1-click and you can avoid the amazon kindle unlimited buy in.

If you download kindle for PC or other apps they will then show up in there.

I am just going to review some of these free books here. rated *'s out of 5 ***** #B= BEGINNER #I= INTERMEDIATE #A=ADVANCED

* #B 1. Wesley Jones Emergency Preparedness:. ... it is very basic for people without any knowledge of prepping whatsoever. it reads like a government 72 emergency guide more or less. in fact it offers less info than some government primers I've seen. Only get this if you need basic info on how to get started with prepping. waste of time for anyone with any teeth.

by Vitaly Pedchenko" I HIGHLY recommend this book for anyone just getting into prepping.

*** B# RECOMMENDED 3. Cade Courtley: SEAL Survival Guide active shooter and survival medicine excerpt (I recommend this book for people for likely tactical considerations... important concepts such as cover vs. conceilment and tons of other very important things. good book excerpt available for free from amazon.

* B# 4. Disaster Preparadness for your home by Tommy Watson INTRODUCTORY book, not much value to anyone who knows the basics... good starting guide to help people get started

** B# 5. Emergency Food Storage Rick Vaugn This book is a beginners guide on what types of food to stock, and a little bit of info on other subjects. Not very indepth. If you are just starting to decide what to stock you can look at this, but not a very deep guide. Recommended to Joe Average who is not out to stock the best stuff but just get started with common foods you are probably use to.

**** B# RECOMMENDED 6.
The 8 Secret Skills of an Ex-IDF Special FOrces Operator That Will Keep You Safe Roy Shepard: This is as Roy states a basic guide, that is a good source for introductory tactical considerations such as basic self defence and some generic group tacitcal signaling methods. Some basic self defence moves and other gimicky items at the end.
Not if there is a price listed for the Kindle version.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What gets me is the titles."Everything you need to survive the coming meltdown". Then you look at the length of the book-26 pages.

·
Semper Fi
9,537 Posts
yah, it should say $0.00 1 click purchase. BUT THERE CAN BE A PRICE ON THE HARDCOPY/PAPERBACK VERSION.

Point being use the 1 click instead of the kindle when the 1 click says 0.00
Yes, I fully understand how to buy the items and am well aware of the prices being different between hard copy, kindle and one click.

My comment was referring to the ones that had a price on the one click.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,863 Posts
The app if that's what it's called, is "Kindle for PC". It works just like a Kindle Fire and let's you download all the free for Kindle books. There are THOUSANDS. The next thing to do is head to the web for a thing called "Bookbub". Sign up. It'll let you set your genre prefs and it'll email you once a day with freebies and cheapies. Click the link for Amazon in the email and it'll take you to the page for the freebie book. Be SURE to click the one for "free for Kindle" when you download the book.

Not sure what that survival book was that had the twenty something pages....but I got one that had literally twenty BOOKS in a set. Free. I'm going to see if I can find what it was. brb.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,863 Posts
Prepper's Big Collection. Twenty bookets on diff topics. 600+ pages total.

Prepping; The Ultimate Survival & Prepper Handbook. 152 pages.

The Lights Out boxed set, EMP fiction....is over 10k pages. It was free.

Survival Box Set: Take Yourself Out Safe And Alive... This is the one I was reading. Twenty booklet set on many diff topics. Approx 600 pages and easily searched by categories. Free.

I've got a lot of these. No way to list them all. These WERE FREE on the days I downloaded them. None appear to be right now. That's what Bookbub is good for. Lets you know the latest to look for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts