Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks! I used to listen to radio shows on AM when I was younger, I guess about 10 years ago, I couldn't tell you what they were but it was neat to listen to them at night.

I just recently for the first time listened to the War of the Worlds and it has reintroduced me to OTR

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I used to listen to radio shows on AM when I was younger, I guess about 10 years ago, I couldn't tell you what they were but it was neat to listen to them at night.

I just recently for the first time listened to the War of the Worlds and it has reintroduced me to OTR
Oh yeah, when you are a kid listening to The Shadow with the lights turned off is pretty awesome, it leaves an impression that's for sure:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think that it would be interesting to hear new radio shows, made present day, but acted out in any different time or place, the imagination is endless for some. It would be cheaper then adding in all the crappy special effects we see in the movies nowadays. :D:

·
Looking upward
211 Posts
I think that it would be interesting to hear new radio shows, made present day, but acted out in any different time or place, the imagination is endless for some. It would be cheaper then adding in all the crappy special effects we see in the movies nowadays. :D:
Our imaginations are way better than any special effects!

I wish they would come out with some again. In Milwaukee they put a tv station on the radio, I used to listen to it or tune into the drive-ins station.
I like books on tape at times. Great for cleaning house, working out, or other mundane tasks. I bought Joel Olsteen on cd a while back but am saving it for my drive to TN. Often when I go on road trips, I take the lap top or DVD player for the kids at night ( i dont want them sleeping too much, then they're awake while I'm sleeping) so I have this tape that plugs into the audio of the device then I pop it into my cassette player and it puts the sound on the truck speakers. This way I get to be entertained by the movie as well! Really helps pass the time on long drives!

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
I use to work a very boring night shift as a security guard and use to listen to OTR shows I use love the old comercials for blue coal and what not

1 - 10 of 10 Posts