Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Yup, and people will buy them like hot cakes. I know I would like to but they're priced just out of my reach for a toy right now.

·
Start up the rotors
7,655 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting one of those. No doubt.
Suppressed, binary triggered, 10/22... schwing!

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking my Charger would be pretty cool with a binary. $300 is list, I am betting it will be below $200 pretty soon.

·
Registered
512 Posts
$300 is steep. It’s why I don’t have one for an AR. They are fun and useful, but you can almost have another AR for the trigger price.
I’m betting at $200 they would sell more. A lot more.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Darn my self imposed halt to buying gun stuff. Hope to buy a house with land this year.

I could actually see myself buying one of these. I could actually afford to feed it.

Although 300 dollars seems to high. 200 would be a buy instantly for me.

·
10,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As tempted as I would be to pre-order, I don't wish to pay full price and want to see if any issues pop up with others. It took Franklin three tries to get the AR trigger right.
The jury is still out on the AK trigger, as far as I am concerned.

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
Trigger cost $100 more than my entire 10/22 cost new.
`

I bought my first 10/22 back in 1993, IIRC it was (before tax) around $100, like $98.88 (wally world). I had a friend whose dad was an FFL dealer out of their house, I was going to order one from him. He said he can't buy them as cheap as walmart sells them for. He'd have to buy one from them to sell it & he could only guess what their price for them were, but he figured it was maybe $80 if not a bit less. :eek:

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Buy a heavy duty rubber band.
Different purpose. While you can do mag-dumps with a binary trigger, they are far more reliable than a rubber band:D: I have both Franklin and Fostech. Franklin is a little harder to install, but I prefer it. If you were willing to put in the time to actually train on it, it's not a bad addition. I think man will just enjoy that higher rate of fire on the range. Personally, I think a good trigger from Geissele or Timney is a better investment for practical use, but I will pick up one my Binary trigger for my RPK and see if that will work as a poor man's suppressive weapon...

ROCK6

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Replaced my trigger group with the Ruger BX-25 drop in for 50 bucks. World of difference. One pull one bang though.

·
10,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replaced my trigger group with the Ruger BX-25 drop in for 50 bucks. World of difference. One pull one bang though.
I currently have the same in my 10/22 rifle and my Charger. It irks me that it isn't a standard trigger in new production these days.

·
Registered
34,648 Posts
Different purpose. While you can do mag-dumps with a binary trigger, they are far more reliable than a rubber band:D: I have both Franklin and Fostech. Franklin is a little harder to install, but I prefer it. If you were willing to put in the time to actually train on it, it's not a bad addition. I think man will just enjoy that higher rate of fire on the range. Personally, I think a good trigger from Geissele or Timney is a better investment for practical use, but I will pick up one my Binary trigger for my RPK and see if that will work as a poor man's suppressive weapon...

ROCK6
Trigger reset.

I've seen some guys (I haven't cared to be one of them) who can quite literally do it, AIMED FIRE and sound like an M4.

asked ome, said it took him 10k, and now any AR can be FA.

Lot cheaper than an M16, lot more useful as it'll work for controlled pairs etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
To each their own I reckon. I wouldn't waste the money on an expensive gimmick for my .22. It's a critter getter for me, not something I'll need machine gun like volumes of fire for suppression.

Plus, my three girls are all familiar and quite competent with the firearms I have, a binary trigger isn't something I want them using.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts