Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Another nail in the coffin.

I'd like to see how they plan to enforce it? Would it be illegal to then have more than a thousand euro on your person? Can you then not take more than a thousand euro out of the bank at a time?

I'm sure this is the way the entire planet will be headed. The .gov needs their cut :taped: It also makes it MUCH harder for a person to move around, or run, if cash transactions are illegal. You put the law in place with a thousand units its worth something, then you leave it in place as inflation takes place. Nobody complains much now because the number is high, after inflation that same number might not buy you a hole in the wall motel room.

I always ask businesses if they offer a cash discount.

·
Gumpherhooberpelt
5,304 Posts
WHY LIMIT CASH?

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12773.htm
Q: How much U.S. currency is in circulation?

A: There was approximately $1.34 trillion in circulation as of January 7, 2015, of which $1.29 trillion was in Federal Reserve notes.

DIVIDE by 320 million population (March 2015)

$4,031.25 (dollar bills) per capita

. . .
Your odds of "cashing out" if your balance is greater than that?
{close your eyes and what do you see?}

Ironically, the "dollar bills" have no par value (worthless). But that's another issue.

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
I'd like to see how they plan to enforce it? Would it be illegal to then have more than a thousand euro on your person? Can you then not take more than a thousand euro out of the bank at a time?
I'm not really sure how a law like this would be enforceable either?
Are there going to be random personal searches?
Will banks be limited to dispensing 1,000 at a time?
How many transactions a day is going to be illegal? What if I shop a lot?

I'm sure this is the way the entire planet will be headed. The .gov needs their cut :taped: It also makes it MUCH harder for a person to move around, or run, if cash transactions are illegal. You put the law in place with a thousand units its worth something, then you leave it in place as inflation takes place. Nobody complains much now because the number is high, after inflation that same number might not buy you a hole in the wall motel room.
There has been a push for a long time to move to a completely digital currency system. I do not know, something about physical paper money in my hand is better than a piece of numbered plastic.

I always ask businesses if they offer a cash discount.
:thumb:

·
I choose freewill....
1,740 Posts
Nice that they put it under the guise of big bad scary 'terrorism'. Queue this up with the fact that the Frog's ain't taking their 10K troops off the streets yet and it makes it all very interesting.

If my tin foil was way too tight I'd say there was a FF to help push this along.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
If you want to do a test of your own financial institution, walk in and try to withdraw $5,000 cash.
I always used the 'how much CASH can take out of my account right now?' test for banks. If they say $1 less than your account balance, generally whatever it is, find another bank. I will stipulate that I don't typically keep six figures in a checking account but it seems to be a good litmus test. If they can't CASH out ONE account holder I don't give them a pass.....

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Nice that they put it under the guise of big bad scary 'terrorism'. Queue this up with the fact that the Frog's ain't taking their 10K troops off the streets yet and it makes it all very interesting.

If my tin foil was way too tight I'd say there was a FF to help push this along.
yea like when they started doing credit checks on buying a car with cash at the dealerships :rolleyes: stupid patriot act, can not believe people fell for that crap

·
I choose freewill....
1,740 Posts
If you want to do a test of your own financial institution, walk in and try to withdraw $5,000 cash.
Yup, my CU has a sign right up front that says anything over 2 grand I think it is, they need 'notice'.

I call BS because on a Friday (typical payday) I bet they have to have a ton of cash on hand.

Took 1900 out yesterday - they didn't blink.

·
crustulum latro
7,715 Posts
Reactions: Catherine_MT

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
My cu, bevy Boeing employees credit union though anybody in he state can join has no cash at all. You have to go to the atm.

I believe France has a sales tax of 19%+. That might have something to do with wanting to control cash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts