Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with these packs? They are sold at a local Army Navy Surplus store in town. They are made in China but so is SOC, Condor, and other tier 2 packs and they all get great reviews. Thanks.

·
Biologist
1,403 Posts
I own a Alice Pack made by the FOX company. The quality was great on my pack, as good as my MOLLE pack, your results may vary. Hope that helps.

·
A country boy can survive
336 Posts
Quality varies widely. I bought one years ago (5?) that has held up well and only cost $30. Same one now is $90 and the stiching looks awful. Some of their molle pouches are really good though. If you can't afford better (like Maxpedition) they will do as long as you carefully look it over before buying and expect to make repairs.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I won't buy anything made in China if I can help it. It can be imported from damn near anywhere else, but not China. That being said, if you feel like it's made well and meets your needs, it might be a good buy for you.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Most all packs, even the high end outdoor types, if not made in China are made in Vietnam. Many at the same factory. The owner of Gregory even moved to Vietnam to oversee the production of his packs.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Most all packs, even the high end outdoor types, if not made in China are made in Vietnam. Many at the same factory. The owner of Gregory even moved to Vietnam to oversee the production of his packs.
That's why I've bought three Tactical Tailor packs in the last few years. All of their packs are made in America. They are a little expensive, but I like knowing my money is going back into our economy rather than to communists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts