Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Lipton Lover
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least a quarter of Americans still don’t know who Paul Ryan is, and only about half who know and have an opinion of him view him favorably.

So, Ryan’s primary job tonight was to introduce himself and make himself seem likeable, and he did that well....

To anyone watching Ryan’s speech who hasn’t been paying much attention to the ins and outs and accusations of the campaign, I suspect Ryan came across as a smart, passionate and all-around nice guy — the sort of guy you can imagine having a friendly chat with while watching your kids play soccer together....

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz25Gv5x5da

By the way, This is not from a left leaning rag, it's from Fox News...

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Yep... it is from fox news... however miss Kohn is nothing but a left wing liberal that is ONLY a contributor... she does not represent Fox news in any way shape or form...

Sally Kohn is a community organizer turned political commentator. Currently, Sally is a Fox News Contributor, having previously appeared on CNN and MSNBC. A contributing writer to the American Prospect, Sally’s op-eds and essays have appeared in the Washington Post, USA Today, Time Magazine, US News and World Report, Politico, Reuters and the Guardian among other outlets. Sally also works as a grassroots strategist, actively engaged in movement building for equality and justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sally-kohn/

so it makes no difference if you claim it to be from Fox news... that would be true that it is from their stations, yet it would be false that she is employed for Fox news.... try again...

·
Go Galt? Go Danneskjöld!!
1,029 Posts
You do know that is an op-ed piece. Can anyone say that there is literally no way to touch the number of lies Obama generally spouts.

In that piece it says our debt downgrade was because of Republicans refusal to raise the debt ceiling. It is because we cannot pay it back.

That is little more than an anti-Republican hit piece.

An op-ed is an opinion piece not news.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Ya so , it's from Fox news . They have several liberal left , pro Obama "contributers" on Fox .
Maybe Ryan did stretch the truth or maybe not . But , you gotta ask yourself this - would you rather have Ryan or that mental defective , babbling , moron Biden one hartbeat away ????

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,794 Posts
Ya so , it's from Fox news . They have several liberal left , pro Obama "contributers" on Fox .
Maybe Ryan did stretch the truth or maybe not . But , you gotta ask yourself this - would you rather have Ryan or that mental defective , babbling , moron Biden one hartbeat away ????
How about neither?

·
Registered
174 Posts
OMG a news site that prints opinions from both sides. I understand why that can be confusing since it is not often seen. And it is just that....an opinion. Research what Ryan actually said about the plant closing and you'll see the "opinion" is definitely not fact.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,794 Posts
If`one` votes for berry again it shows lake of intelligence...No one with a good mind would want another 4 years of craaaap:thumb:
Yeah. Why vote for 4 more years of crap when you can get 4 more years of feces instead? Feces has an extra syllable in it's name. That makes it better than crap. :thumb:

·
Lipton Lover
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On one side, the world agrees that Faux feeds the nimble minded with divisiveness and hate mongering...

On the other side, we have their brain washed viewers that will not pay attention to anything but the most rightwing loonbags on Faux.

SO PBS, CNN, ABC, NPR, pretty much everyone is wrong. They are all leftists. Even the rational ones on Faux are lefties. But the fear-mongers on Faux are 'Fair and Balanced'...Riiiiiight!

Can you spot the ditto-heads in this scenario???

·
Registered
174 Posts
On one side, the world agrees that Faux feeds the nimble minded with divisiveness and hate mongering...

On the other side, we have their brain washed viewers that will not pay attention to anything but the most rightwing loonbags on Faux.

SO PBS, CNN, ABC, NPR, pretty much everyone is wrong. They are all leftists. Even the rational ones on Faux are lefties. But the fear-mongers on Faux are 'Fair and Balanced'...Riiiiiight!

Can you spot the ditto-heads in this scenario???
Nice try with the attempt to portray those you oppose as idiots. Generalizations and name calling make the communicator look bad, not the intended target. Your assertion is ludicrous, as I don't believe that's how most people see it.

I try to catch biases in all news reporting (including Fox) and look at the actual comments by our elected officials because I too often see the media spin them. When you go to the source of the data yourself, you are better able to make up your own mind instead of relying on what anyone in the media tells you to think.

Maybe you should start by looking at the biases in your own post...they aren't hard to find if you look.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
At least a quarter of Americans still don’t know who Paul Ryan is, and only about half who know and have an opinion of him view him favorably.

So, Ryan’s primary job tonight was to introduce himself and make himself seem likeable, and he did that well....

To anyone watching Ryan’s speech who hasn’t been paying much attention to the ins and outs and accusations of the campaign, I suspect Ryan came across as a smart, passionate and all-around nice guy — the sort of guy you can imagine having a friendly chat with while watching your kids play soccer together....

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz25Gv5x5da

I assume you are a liberal bent on discrediting the Romney campaign and candidates. All the more reason to vote for Romney.

By the way ... how's that "Hope" & "Change" workin' out for ya? :D:

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts

your disclaimer at the bottom gave you away I underlined it so you will know what I'm talking about

1 - 20 of 44 Posts