Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Last fall I had the chance to talk to some of our state's FEMA guys, without anyone else around (late in the evening at a big fair). I mentioned that I wanted to do a preparedness fair and that I talked a lot to people about preparedness.
The gist of the conversation was that they thought the 72 hour emergency kit was a farce and that no one should have anything less than 2 weeks, but that 3 months of stored supplies, plus a generator and the fuel to run it was the best. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when they said that.
We recently underwent a huge ice storm in just part of the state. They said that they were streched to the max with that. I was without power for three weeks (2 without a genny). They are sure that something soon will happen to keep people from the supply chain for longer than that. The more people that can get prepared, the better according to them.
They talked to me a lot and questioned my preps. They weren't happy until they were sure I had 3 months and a generator, an option for clean water and first aid supplies. They said sooner or later something WILL happen, it's not an "if" but a "when".:xeye:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.