Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiking the river in an area I know well my dog and I stopped for a drink and I heard running water. I was only a few feet away from running water, a big find in my part of the world. We were only a mile and a half from my BOL. I tasted the water and is was ice cold and seemed fine, I always worry about pesticides around here. There were about 15 fish over 12 inches in the pool below it. Got me a bottle to get tested. May not seem like much to you folks in water land, but a great find in SW OK where it is really dry now.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
might want to get a older 5 gallon bucket and dig it into the opening of spring that way its full of fresh water and easy to fill a bottle from and its not full of dirt

·
Avid Indoorsman
443 Posts
I was not impressed until you said where you are.
Hot and dry can be a long long event.

Being so cold, I wonder if it's from an aquifer. If it is, that may not be the only seep point. Can you get a topographical map and mark the water's elevation?

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sure its not a drain? Coming out of a bank like that would make me suspicious.

A Drain? Mile and half down river with nothing around. I want the water tested first, but will keep the location to myself for now. Has to be ground water to be at the temp it was.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,431 Posts
Mark it on you map in such a way as not to give it away and tag it with your GPS. I use numbers and have a written key. There are only a dozen or so so far not a big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts