Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Historian & Archaeologist
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for some local retailers that sell the usual prepping needs such as mylar bags, food pales, O2 absorbers, and the like. i ran into these guys. pick up is definitely cheaper, but their shipping rates are decent also. not to mention, these guys have everything! i was amazed by their selection and quality, and being so close to my home and BOL is a huge plus also.

http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/

·
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there a few times. The owner is real nice and of course a prepper.They where trying to have classes on prepping.I don't know if that ever took off.And if you can pay in cash it saves you about 6% ;)
i was planning a trip next week once i get my greenbacks in. swing by buds guns, then on to here. it should be a pretty nice weekend.

·
Vitesse et Puissance
16,211 Posts
Are you familiar with KY Gun Co. in Bardstown? They've got a great selection of guns and lots of other outdoor items.
I loved Keenes, first place I ever seen that sells ammo, guns and beer all in the same store!

·
Why is the Rum gone?
4,774 Posts
Just ordered some 55 gallon mylar bags from them. Yes, I said fifty-five (55) gallon mylar bags.
Since food grade water barrels are so expensive, I thought I'd take some clean 55 gallon steel drums that I got from a winery, (they only had grape juice in them) and fill them with mylar protected water.

Free drums + $12.00 ea. mylar bags= roughly 50 gallons of bulk water storage for a lot less than a food grade water barrel.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i was looking for some local retailers that sell the usual prepping needs such as mylar bags, food pales, O2 absorbers, and the like. i ran into these guys. pick up is definitely cheaper, but their shipping rates are decent also. not to mention, these guys have everything! i was amazed by their selection and quality, and being so close to my home and BOL is a huge plus also.

http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/
We drove thru Kentucky this summer and just fell in love with the whole state. We would love to move there.

·
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We drove thru Kentucky this summer and just fell in love with the whole state. We would love to move there.
ive been everywhere except the west coast, and i still cant find a place with the right balance of rural, southern hospitality, and climate as KY. this state will always be my home.

·
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cane-tuck-ee is originally an Iroquoian dialect spoken by the Cherokee and means "meadow lands" because believe it or not, there was a massive buffalo population roaming the bluegrass where the thoroughbreds are now.

linguistics isnt my strong point, but us archaeologists do use linguistic evidence sometimes. its great for showing migrations and following populations over time.

·
Banned
156 Posts
I live a few miles from em!...Fantastic people and good prices!..Iv'e been buying stuff from them for several years!

Love

Lexington Container Company!

·
Banned
156 Posts
cane-tuck-ee is originally an Iroquoian dialect spoken by the Cherokee and means "meadow lands" because believe it or not, there was a massive buffalo population roaming the bluegrass where the thoroughbreds are now.

linguistics isnt my strong point, but us archaeologists do use linguistic evidence sometimes. its great for showing migrations and following populations over time.

Try "DARK AND BLOODY GROUND" is more like it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
they do have a lot of storage items. i have checked them out over time. They have been saying they are going to carry dehydrated and freeze dried food SOON for a long time, I am talking at least last 2 years. What is the holdup. Other than that they do have a lot of storage items.

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
I live a few miles from em!...Fantastic people and good prices!..Iv'e been buying stuff from them for several years!

Love

Lexington Container Company!
When my parents are in KY from OH they go there. That place is always getting new items in and generally has a few oddities in the store, plus they ship. :D:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts