Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hunter-gatherer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
forest brothers was guerrillas fighters in Baltic countries against soviet invasion and occupation after WW2 from 1944 until 1953 ,some isolated cases until 1980
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Forest_Brothers

Here are some plans of their underground shelters

1. Entrance
2. Straw
3. Guns pyramid
4. Radio receiver
5. Beds"

1. ventilation tube
2. entrance
3. WC
4. Food storage
5. Iron stove
6. Water

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I've always wanted to make one of these with basic tools out in the woods, that'd be such a cool project.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,584 Posts
That'd sure be a major excavation project without heavy machinery, or at least a LOT of people with tools.

·
hunter-gatherer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That'd sure be a major excavation project without heavy machinery, or at least a LOT of people with tools.
In baltic countries they have mostly sandy soil , its easy to dig , when i was child we dug shelter for 5 children in one day , covered it with planks and moss on top it was not very large , but we could hide all there

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have contemplated doing something like this when I have some property.

What i have decided is that instead of digging to make an underground shelter, just build it the same above ground and then bury it.

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
To do it properly, you really have to make an excavation of the area, build a structure in the pit(or plunk in a premade one, then cover it over again.

I've been working with a friend of mine in architecture on the design of one. With 2 people working hard and periodic rented heavy machinery, it could be completed in 6 months.

It includes a large living area (approx. 40'x40' + 1 car garage + foundation).

Would cost around $100,000 when all is said and done.

Ill tell you the hardest bit is the roof. It has to be extremely strong and completely airtight.

·
Stand Firm.Buy Safecastle
259 Posts
nice post. This would be cool just to built one small to see what really could be involved on a larger scale.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts