Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 things have plagued the solar industry: 1) efficiency of the panels, 2) storage of electricity. Any breakthrough on those fronts and it will change the world in which we live and survive.

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Solar is such a no brainer. Everyone has access to sunlight and can easily harness it's power.

Even in it's present ineffecient form it is worth having. If this turns out to be a viable option that makes solar even better.

I know it's not necessary but think of the advantages of being able to charge your flashlight batteries, your laptop or run a small fridge or microwave after a collapse. Perhaps run some security devices or cameras as well.

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
It's all fine and dandy but we will never see it. Some shell company owned by big oil will buy up the patents and moth ball it. Two steps forward, three steps back for progress.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
If it makes a battery that acts like a gas can then Im in. You fill it you use it and you fill it again. It never wears out. That is what Im seeing here. Even if it just makes a better 20 year battery its a huge step in the right direction. I love the guys who are thinking outside the box. Never say never and never stop thinking. :) It was this thinking that got us on wheels and put us in the sky and then into space. Who would have thought we would split an atom or build nuke submarines that can stay submerged for years. Who would have thought we could send unmanned probes to Mars and beyond. I have faith that some kid right now has a brilliant Idea. Ill leave it at that. Kingfish

·
Banned
6,367 Posts
I'm an earthling,living on the sun and being able to post.......OUTSTANDING SURVIVAL SKILLS!

*****************************SERIOUS****************************

It looks like a gigantic breakthrough and someone stands to make a fortune!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts