Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ham Extra Class
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click on, " A tank story" located at the top of the video to see how the automated process of reconditioning a propane tank happens. The Video that first comes up is garbage, remember to click on ,"A tank Story" at the top of the video screen (Link below)

If you put back 20lbs propane tanks for SHTF, chances are you have a Blue Rhino tank or two.
And even though Blue Rhino cheats you out of 2 pounds of propane its interesting to watch the video in the link below.
Some of it is silly however it is educational also.

Click on, " A tank story" located at the top of the video link below to see how the automated process of reconditioning a propane tank happens. (Link Below)

Here is the link below.
http://www.bluerhino.com/BRWEB/Tank-Exchange/About-Tank-Exchange.aspx

X

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Thank you for the link.

I heard its cheaper to have the tank refilled then to exchange it

·
Ham Extra Class
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link.

I heard its cheaper to have the tank refilled then to exchange it

That is true, however when you get a tank that is in rough shape you exchange it. After I exchange mine I go to a propane dealer nearby and have the tank topped off, usually the Blue Rhino tanks are about .8 to 1 gallon low on propane.

·
5.56 Addict
215 Posts
I've always used Uhaul for filling my tanks. They are usually fast and efficient. My new house has a NG grill that was left by the previous owner, which is piped from the house, so I hardly ever get my tanks filled anymore. I just paid the neighbor $20 for a partially full used tank to keep as a spare. I might have paid too much but he loans me his 6x8 trailer frequently, so I don't mind a bit.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
"For those who wonder about how Blue Rhino propane tanks are tested and filled."

Yeah, that's something that I've lain awake at night wondering about!:rolleyes:

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
Wow, someone doesn't like to learn something new every day. Do you feel better for crapping on his thread now????:xeye:

Edit: corny, but interesting. Then again, I like to watch "How it's Made " on cable as well. :)

·
Ham Extra Class
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"For those who wonder about how Blue Rhino propane tanks are tested and filled."

Yeah, that's something that I've lain awake at night wondering about!:rolleyes:
LOL, I don't lay awake at night and wonder about it. :sleep:
However I consider having propane stockpiled a must for the serious prepper.
I can't have a large outside propane tank where I live, but I can keep a few
20lbs tanks for cooking, heating, and running my generator if the SHTF.
Watching this video just showed me how they prep tanks and get them ready for sale, and I always wondered if it was a large scale process or a small one at Blue Rhino, Now I know its a pretty involved process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.