Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Always watching from afar
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know some on here have been excited and long awaiting COD:[email protected] just like me. Ever since it was announced I have been waiting and excited. Yesterday I get my key for the PC Beta and I am so excited I start downloading then I call my g/f, mom, and 2 friends as it takes a hour and 45 mins to download.
So finally it downloads and suprise suprise fail number 1. Game won't start because it didn't come with the Direct X support needed. No biggie within 15 mins Direct X updated and installed. Game starts flawlessly. Yay I am off so I get in my first game grab the sniper rifle as I always do cause thats how I play. spawn get spawn killed by a spawn camper. OK spawn again find a nice spot. See someone standing in a window yay my first kill. Pull up the rifle steady my aim for a chest shot fire direct hit. What the heck there not dead. Enemy starts firing at someone...............OK aim again 2nd chest shot.............. still not dead............... fire a 3rd time, head shot..............still not dead at this point I am cursing the game and shut it off. Furious.
So I calm down OK maybe it was just me or something. restart the game and force myself to play, and nothing changes. There is so much wrong with this game it is pittyful.

-The graphics are so so..
-The sound is terrible...
-SMG's are way to accurate and almost no recoil...
-Rifles are WAY underpowered (remember story from above....come to think of it all the weapons are way underpowered)...
-Sometimes it is abit jumpy ( lots of people reporting this )
-MG's.....I won't even go there...
-Game feels like I am playing HALO not Call of Duty
-And worst of all........this is a direct consol port........ WTF

All in all this game is a fail....and not just a fail it is a Epic Fail... and I mean the most Epic of Epic Fails. And this is coming from someone who has been a loyal Call of Duty Fan since day 1. I have decided not to buy this game the day it comes out for PC and PS3 like I had intended. In fact I won't be buying this game until it is on the bargain rack.

So to all those who was excited about this game.... I am sorry unless they make some durastic changes before Nov 11th. I would not buy this game. And you think I am blowing smoke or I am just a hater. goto Callofduty.com where everyone is a fan of the Call of Duty series and see there impression. Almost everyone is disgusted with this game and many have cancelled there pre orders. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for Activision to only let Infinity Ward make the Call of Duty series and keep Treyarc as far away as possible. Both games Treyarc has made has been a blight to the Call of Duty series. I would rather wait 2 years between games and have a good game from Infinity Ward.

Needless to say I am very sad :(

·
Shooter
429 Posts
I can only assume your talking about Call of Duty:World at War?????????!!!!!

LOL....nevermind, I just saw that...

Hmmm, the thing I hate most about the hype for these games is in the tv commercials (etc etc...) they always show the cut scene clips, the animated movie sequences from the game. Of COURSE those look cool! In-game footage is always less spectacular.......

Case in point, this game looked awsome, but maybe not now.....

I can say one thing for sure, FARCRY 2 is going to be AMAZING!!!! too bad no one will be able to run it.... :(

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Farcry 2 is prolly going to be my new game of choice and what will be replacing COD4 for me for awhile.

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
Try forgotten hope 2,a ww2 mod,using battlefield 2,
best ww2 game out there I think

·
Registered
156 Posts
I truly think that Call of Duty: World at War will be bad and second the fact that it's because of its developer. It's the same guys that did CoD3 (which blew). Infinity Ward is where its at (CoD, CoD2, and CoD4: Modern Warfare). Those guys know how to craft a game.

CoD 5 is on my pass list for this year. I guess we will just have to look forward to Call Of Duty 6 in 2009.

Radar

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just finished single player on Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. And I am still trying to pick my jaw up. Talking about awesome graphics, one of the best story lines for a war game I have ever played, and an all around awesome game. I have not got my hands on Farcry 2 yet but as of this moment Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway for game of the year! Now I am going to try online mode! :D

I will buy [email protected] for the single player and the story line. But as far as online play.... I will pass.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone is interested in seeing screen shots from my PC I took about 100 last night. I will upload the best ones if people are interested in seeing them. If no one wants to I am lazy and don't want to do it :D

·
7.62x39
239 Posts
Disappointing to hear this, but I am not surprised. The dev for WaW has had some duds in the past. It looks like they tried to use the COD4 engine for gameplay but just failed after that.
Playing Fable 2 now instead, and tomorrow Gear of War 2.
World at War can wait until after x mas and a price drop or 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts