Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, SO we can AEROSOLIZE nerve gas for a WMD.

We have done spray work before over large regions "GO Agent Orange"..
and
Jet "chemtrails" have been invading the airspace for years...

SO..
what are the odds IF we did actually find a "cure" for Corona or any other such in the future, we could actually aerosol the substance, and literally have 50 C130s wing tip to wing tip flying over major metro cities spraying a cure instead of destruction?

IF feasible it would change civilization as we know it.
NOW
the whole idea capability to make this work is wwwaaayyyyyy above my pay grade in life
but
we are in a more advanced world than of old when the plagues ran rampant.
and
it seems that it just might work.

Ready to be shot down on the errors of my idea by folks who know a LOT more than I do on the idea and topic.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
If the virus is on the doorknob to my bathroom or on a poorly washed table at a restaurant or someone sneezed in the produce section and now it is on the carrots I don't see spraying the roof of the buildings as a good way to stop anything.

I would assume most viruses are transmitted indoors rather than outdoors where a spray from above would make the most contact.

Spraying works for mosquitoes because they spray where the mosquitoes live and breed.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Well, if it's a cure you're talking about and you spray it over a city, what are you going to do... tell everyone... "Hey... be outside at 1500 Eastern Time, look up and breathe in the mist?" Anyone indoors misses its?

Leaving aside any technical improbability of developing such a cure and manufacturing the millions of gallons, (most of which will be wasted), and deploying such a thing, a great many people are likely to miss it. And even among those that got a whiff, there will be widely varying dosages delivered.

So.... no.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Are you snow-bound again? You start expressing odd thoughts when you are.

No, it will not work for the reasons mentioned, nevermind it would be impossible to dose. Overdose, underdose, no-dose-at-all. Agent Orange worked because you were spraying trees and grass, not inside the huts or tunnels.

RR

·
Only politics *****.
5,603 Posts
Add to the above comments, that most medicine doesn't do well as an aerosol. If it's something you need to get into the lungs, it's great. If you need it to spread through the body to get to certain systems, it's horrible depending on what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
OK, SO we can AEROSOLIZE nerve gas for a WMD.

We have done spray work before over large regions "GO Agent Orange"..
and
Jet "chemtrails" have been invading the airspace for years...

SO..
what are the odds IF we did actually find a "cure" for Corona or any other such in the future, we could actually aerosol the substance, and literally have 50 C130s wing tip to wing tip flying over major metro cities spraying a cure instead of destruction?
If they find a cure, I doubt they will give it away for free.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
This should give you at least some idea of socialized medicine and the limits of our system. If everyone is seeking treatment at one time, what is our max out limit for beds in hospitals, doctors office visits, available meds for RX dispensing, etc... There is not enough capacity for high volume incidents. Take care of yourself and stay away from all hospitals. Every damn hypochondriac and his brother along with everyday health emergencies are going to be there.

To the OP, all the schools around my area on spring break are hiring a company to come in and sanitize all surfaces with a serious disinfectant. Could it work large scale? doubtful.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,380 Posts
Just have Coke put some in your Vitamin Water.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Like the flu, we will probably never get a cure for corona. Like the flu, corona will evolve into a more contagious but less harmful virus.

That's how viruses survive, by becoming less harmful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dosing would never work, not to mention the sheer volume of the vaccine that would need to fill the volume of unused aerosol, vs. amount needed for individual doses.

I believe in vaccines, and would probably get one if one is made available. But not everyone does, or can safely receive one. Just mass dosing an entire city, with any substance, medicinal or not, seems wrong. (Also while writing this, mass fluoridation of tap water comes to mind)

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
Chemtrails all around the flat globe, maaaaaaan.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,985 Posts
My understanding you can't "cure" a virus you have to let your body beat it back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts