Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grumpy old man
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a conversation with a young fellow that has been in the gun business for about 5 years. I asked him if he transmitted the form that you fill out for a gun purchase to any federal or state authority. He said that all the forms that had been filled out at his shop were in his possesion and no copies had been transferred to anyone. This is my question. Have any of you that have held a license for a long period of time had to send in your forms? I know that when a business closes you need to send your bound book. Also when a NICS check is called in, do they know about the item being purchased or just the info on the buyer? Thanks for looking.
vorpal

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
The records have to be turned in if the store closes and from my understanding records only have to be kept for 20 years and can be destroyed after 20 years if the store is still in operation. Even if the store is audited the records stay on site and nothing is removed, as long as they pass. As for the NCIS check they just know you're being checked out to buy a gun and that's it.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
The records have to be turned in if the store closes and from my understanding records only have to be kept for 20 years and can be destroyed after 20 years if the store is still in operation. Even if the store is audited the records stay on site and nothing is removed, as long as they pass. As for the NCIS check they just know you're being checked out to buy a gun and that's it.

The FFL I deal with gets inspected several times per year because there is a "group" that the ATF apparently doesn't like and he apparently sold a few of them some guns a few years ago. He has never had any "dings" and he seems to run a very tight ship as far as records.

He did tell me that the ATF makes copies of his NICS book every time they come and whiel they dont take anything, they do have a digital copy of everything when they leave.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
The FFL I deal with gets inspected several times per year because there is a "group" that the ATF apparently doesn't like and he apparently sold a few of them some guns a few years ago. He has never had any "dings" and he seems to run a very tight ship as far as records.

He did tell me that the ATF makes copies of his NICS book every time they come and whiel they dont take anything, they do have a digital copy of everything when they leave.
You need to find a new FFL, either he is a moron, or a puppet, either one will get you on "the list". Let me know and I will PM you why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts