Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I was wondering why it seems nobody joins any of the groups in here? For those looking for others in the same area this will help all of these folks looking for such things. So cmon give it a look and see if you don't find one or two or more that may interest you. I strongly urge you to join one thats at least from your state. If your state is not represented then you can start one. thx for your time.

Link to the groups section - http://www.survivalistboards.com/group.php?do=grouplist&order=asc&sort=name

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I am am member--albeit hestitantly.There are too many folks here who promote becoming one of the ravaging hordes that they are afraid of. Like shooting you for your supplies kind of thing...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well Gambler a lot of us just don't have the time to be an active member in a group. Personally speaking, I'm a member of two groups and my posts are becoming less and less in both of them. I thought seriously of dropping out of them because I don't have the time to do them justice and be an active member on a daily bases. Circumstances do change for all of us from time to time and hopefully more people will find free time for themselves to enjoy the different groups this forum has offered to its membership.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
In an upcoming forum update, the groups section is going to be like miniature forums. Members will be able to subscribe to the groups, and receive updates when new information is posted.

After that update, I look for the groups sections to take off and become more active.

·
Registered
848 Posts
like to find out about the ny group, where is it "holding on"
if you look in the groups section at the top of the page you will find "us" in there

welcome to the boards and hello from the hudson valley ...

* edit * i do believe that you need to have 5 or more posts before you can access the groups section ...o and btw you might want to "intro" yourself on the intro page.

AK

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
survival groups.

It's a general part of my survival strategy to not let people know how I think. That alone may lead them to believe I have what they need. Hence the whole "rampaging hordes" thing could be knocking on my door. I would enjoy going on outings to hone my skills and turn theory into experience.
I will be looking up any groups in my area.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can see your hesitation, but the groups thing is for your benefit. You can get info from others as well as share what you know and your ideas. Everybody wins that way. You don't have to form or join a group per se, like a CIDG (civilian irregular defense group) but if I were you I'd join just so I could compare ideas and different stratagies.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gambler or Kev , i don't know how to post a thread i wish somebody would email me on how to do this. Most of the time i click on quick reply, it just sits there and never posts anything. But if groups would just say, X state park, June 3 thru june 8th (or whatever) for any interested party in this state or other state. Bring your tent and favorite survival toys and come share skills, perhaps people would actually show up. Kind of like when you post barbque at your house this weekened. NC people are here a lot, all wanting a connection but nobody ever seems to make a decision. Group leaders need to be established. If each group decided first weekend in May or something like that, it could be an annual group, and i think more popular that way. People would have a whole year to get ready for it, save up gas money for it. Put in for vacation time at work or whatever it took to be able to show up. Last minute stuff just doesn't work out for all the busy people. Just a suggestion Sort of an annual Jamboree in the same month so everybody would know a year in advance when its coming up and make preparations a year ahead of time to be able to attend. Advertise barbque and that would help too lol.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.