Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a young lady at missy work ..ask missy a about the basic food stowage plan for a single person intill a they could get out of the city area
to there family home in the country area..
we sat here down and give her a basic idea by takeing her the the basement and showing her my futon bed set up..
she was looking around for the food stowage racks that where to be there,..
in my basement office that i have down there is all the items from my old studio apt ..she was looking at me like how did you store 3.months of food
in the little apt that you had..

i just lifted up the blanket that covers the futon and pointed to the single pullout drawer set under the futon frame ,..

it was bult of 1."inch thick plywood and --2.x-4.lumber ..a basic frame system that the futon sit on with round pegs system that the legs went into hold the futon in place when it was a full sized bed set up..it was sized-x-10.inchs tall-x-no-10-can and small can on the top of the can turned sideways.-x-78.inchs long-x-30.inchs wide..with the drawer unit was design when full of items the wieght would not hinder the drawer being pullout for get at the items in the drawer.
the legs of the futom set on a platform set up with a special drop down leg stand on the back of the frame when the sofa was in the bed prostion so not to have the wieght tip the unit over of the frame section...and when the sofa back was comeing back up to the upright prostion the legs just drangle free from the back of the unit

besides the n-10-cans of mountian house foods and other cans of diff items of f.d.foods items with lot of small diff meal items for use with food stowage area i kept also in the someother odds and ends for need to survival ...-x-pistol ammo-x-cleaning kit for pistol with extras clp oil.bottles-x-small camping stove with in carrying case along with room for extras fuel cansters
x-personal grooming supplies-x-other things that made life easlyer as need

the plan i told was to have a lot of diff typle food already on hands so you do not have to eat something you do not like.
we give her a basic list of the food items and other things that she would need...

i told to get a plastic snap togerther shelf for walmart and keep it full of can and dry good items for free up some more space in the kitchen for everyday foods..along with freeing up the bathroom cabinets to make room for personal grooming items plus told her to stock up t.p.and babywipes for use as need
when it on sale for buy the bigger roll packages and add a few to here and to the stash as need each typle when doing this..along with paper towels..

we talked about a pistol being better for her in a small space for better home defense and quicker reloading time than a shotgun ..also told to get a baseball bat to keep next to her ..plus everybody know how to swing a baseball bat very well:D:

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I guess I don't understand completely if she bugging to the country home I would think it more important to stock the country home with food. Maybe also putting a food bag together for her trip to the country.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we talk about the country home ..
but i ask her what was she going to do if she had to sit and wait for the what was going on to be able to travel..
we talked about leaveing be before something happened but i was asking how do you know that when it time to leave....
but i said what are you going to do for food and supplies intill it safe to travel to the country home..
she had the deer in the headlights looks when i started asking things about a basic food plan for the shelter in place before you had to travel ..what if you got caught at the apt and all bridges and road where cut but earthquares or fires..which can happen out here in northern ca,..
this just a basic plan to help with sheltering in place intill you can leave..
we as a group told her sometimes it better to hide in place than risk running into something that you are not ready to deal with out there,,
we are did go shopping friday for a get home bag for her to stock with supplies for travel to here family home in northern ca border area..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased a very nice 3-piece sectional last fall for $99 at the Thrift Shop. The material and cushions were great but the worthless hide-a-bed was destroyed, thus the affordable price. I dismantled the said bed and built a box. In our apartment this provides ample room for several bags of rice, oats, wheat berries, flour, sugar, salt, and the like. It provides a comfortable seat, and no one knows its got a heap of stuff underneath it. We also use deacon style benchs for our dinner table. With more stored in the seats.We also bought bed risers so there is 6x5x3 area of space underneath the bed. When your living space is small, you sure have to be creative to store enough for a family of 5 in 900 square feet.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I lived in a studio apt when I got out of college in the early 80's.
Was your normal setup. Living room , bedroom combo, nice kichen setup and bathroom.
Was able to stash about 3 months worth of supplies without having case lots stacked
in the corners of the room.
What was cool about this place was it had a big back yard and an area to put in a garden, the landlord even let me use his rototiller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts