Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tough Chick
2,981 Posts
Not as gifts, no. We did take advantage of the holiday to snag a couple extra turkeys for canning, though.

·
I ain't doing that!!
6,519 Posts
:D: That is toooo cool ... I got some more shelving. Birthday is in January ... gift is gonna be to fill those shelves up! :D:

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,266 Posts
I think that's a great gift idea. Maybe something to consider giving family members who refuse to prep.

·
I have control issues
5,920 Posts
not food STORAGE, but an AeroGrow Pro 100 for food PRODUCTION. Anything that helps add to the preps is a GOOD thing!

·
workin on it......
1,110 Posts
wow. lucky you grizz! all I ever got from my inlaws were stupid stuff like leg warmers and whatever the hubby wanted that was large item. they never asked me. lol
who has that kind of money to throw around? wow. We have to save for months to be able to buy something like that.
Ice, have you started to use the areo yet? I'd like to save up and get one some time next year.
Badge, good to go on the shelving! I've been promised some for the back hallway, but I'm still waiting...........oh and I ain't holding my breath lol it's been months lol

·
I ain't doing that!!
6,519 Posts
wow. lucky you grizz! all I ever got from my inlaws were stupid stuff like leg warmers and whatever the hubby wanted that was large item. they never asked me. lol
who has that kind of money to throw around? wow. We have to save for months to be able to buy something like that.
Ice, have you started to use the areo yet? I'd like to save up and get one some time next year.
Badge, good to go on the shelving! I've been promised some for the back hallway, but I'm still waiting...........oh and I ain't holding my breath lol it's been months lol
Haha! I am an evil one ... found these 5 shelf wire racks at Target. What I like about them the most is that the shelves are adjustable. I took two of them and put 8 shelves on one frame. Great for canned goods!

Target sales circular

(They are on page 12/13 if it doesn't come up right.) Same shelving at Home Depot and Lowes for 60 bucks!! :xeye:

The hubby is a bit of a prepper but he thinks that guns and ammo (and Dinty Moore stew) should "tide us over"! :eek: I bought into the 'you shouldn't just survive, you should thrive' philosophy. :eek:: He can thank me later! :D:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Awesome gift! We did only prep item gifts at our house. I got a kitchen aid mixer with the grain grinder and meat grinder. Hubby got a welder so he can make repairs himself to some equipment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got some mylar bags, 5-gal buckets, meat grinder, and a shelving unit. This is pretty much my big start to actually physically prepping versus reading and studying on it. Its pretty exciting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts