Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food Saver… Other uses…

Food Saver… Other uses…

A lot of people have these, if not they are cheap to get now from what they were a few years ago.

Most use these for sealing food from freezer burns but there is so much more..!
1. With a silicon packet you can seal a shotgun, rifle or handgun for storage/hiding
2. Clothes stored in your B.O.L so they “stay fresh” put a dryer fabric sheet in each sealed bag.
3. ammo
4. flares
5. matches
6. batteries
7. books
8. powder
9. salt
10. spices

This is just a few things you can do with the food sealers, I know many of you will have more idea’s and or have done other things with them but I just wanted to throw this out there!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Medicines
Important documents
Old photographs
Spare parts for weapons(helps keep them all together)
Extra cash that you may want to hide(chances are though you don't have any :rolleyes:)
Seeds(properly dehydrated and sealed they can last for a very long time )

Reactions: Gunner65

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use mine alot for camping

*I make homemade MRE's for backpacking
*Extra clothing incase my pack gets wet
*I put a gallon sized ziplock in with dry things so I can reseal it (re waterproof it) when I cut the seal on the bag.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My vacuum sealer was one of the best investments I've ever made. I've worn out a bunch of them over the last 20yrs of my military career. I VacSeal nearly everything.

P.S. on a more nasty side you can use a vacuum sealer to help rid you house of lice by sealing your pillows and other small good for a few days to kill the lil bastards. I did this and got rid of them cheaper and faster then the rest of the families attending my kids school. Also put a few drops of Tea Tree oil in your shampoos.

Dammit now I itch all over, god I hate them lil bastards

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great ideas... I knew there was more to use these for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts