Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had ordered a year's supply of food from Sam's club. His payment was received and then about a week later (when the food should have arrived) his payment was returned to his account. He received no phone call... nothing.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Thinking shortages are the issue.

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Interesting question.

I know we have several merchants on the forum that specialize in the long term food items. Maybe they can chime in on this and maybe you'd put your friend in contact with them.....just a thought.:)

·
Matthew 5:7
313 Posts
Still shipping small orders...

About 2 months ago I ordered a case of rice in #10 cans from Sam's and received it quickly. I've never put in an order for a year's worth though...

·
Registered
195 Posts
A friend of mine had ordered a year's supply of food from Sam's club. His payment was received and then about a week later (when the food should have arrived) his payment was returned to his account. He received no phone call... nothing.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Thinking shortages are the issue.
Very strange. I ordered from Sam's Club (Augason Farms) on 2/10 and received the order on 2/18. It was only a total of six #10 cans, but included scrambled egg mix- something I would have expected to be back ordered. I wonder if your friend's order cost exceeded his available credit, or if someone just goofed up?:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's femas fault I read they were looking to spend 1 BILLION on dehydrated food. I don't know what they're prepping for. I ordered a case of #10 cans from the ready store and that was back in January, they just emailed me saying they'll ship it next week. A month and a half later. They say they're having a hard time getting their products from the manufacturers because of the high demand. I think femas order is effecting supply.

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
Mountain House has effective March 3rd 2011 stopped all and cancelled any further can orders. They say no way to fill the orders. May resume in four months.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
From the Mountain House site
Dear Valued Customers:
As you know we have removed #10 cans from our website temporarily. The reason for this is sales of #10 cans have continued to increase. OFD is allocating as much production capacity as possible to this market segment, but we must maintain capacity for our other market segments as well.
Currently we are able to meet demand for Mountain House pouches and most of these products are still available for purchase on our website. We do have a small number of dealers that we will continue to make and ship #10 cans to and you will need to contact them directly to place an order. For a list of dealers, please contact us at [email protected]
We want to clarify inaccurate information that is being said on the internet, news and radio. This situation is not due to sales to the government domestically or internationally. We do sell products to this market, but we also sell other market segments, including Ingredient and Private Brand markets. The reason for this decision is solely due to an unexpected sales spike in #10 cans sales.
We expect this situation to be necessary for several months although this isn’t a guarantee. We will update this information as soon as we know more. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We sincerely hope you will continue to be Mountain House customers in the future.
Oregon Freeze Dry

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
someone is draining the system dry. could be the Feds know something we dont?

Reactions: tadbitangelny

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's probably just a case of too many people listening to Glenn Beck. Everytime I do, I want to order more ammo and more food.

Reminds me of when Johnny Carson (dating me isn't it) said that there would be a toilet paper shortage as a joke and sure enough, so many people believed it that there really was a shortage. They couldn't restock the shelves fast enough.

I also remember the tv reporter interviewing a lady coming out of a store with a cart full of toilet paper. He asked her if she really thought she needed to load up so much because of what Carson said.

She said, "Yes, I wanted to get this before all the hoarders showed up."

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
It's probably just a case of too many people listening to Glenn Beck. Everytime I do, I want to order more ammo and more food.

Reminds me of when Johnny Carson (dating me isn't it) said that there would be a toilet paper shortage as a joke and sure enough, so many people believed it that there really was a shortage. They couldn't restock the shelves fast enough.
he's like the Oprah book club of survival gear. :D:

·
What would Mal do
4,781 Posts
+1 Muzzle

Beck has a huge audience and orbiting his universe is a bevy of lesser known talk show folks who also run the goldline, foodprep,etc.

it all adds up to Americans voting with their wallet.

heck I still can't find decent brand 45 cal ammo on most days..even the cheap stuff at walmart just isn't there.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The good news is when things don't happen as quickly as some expect, there'll be a lot of food for sale in yard sales.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts