Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Voluntaryist.
274 Posts
I was involved with Food not Bombs in Baltimore, as well as attended some feedings in Tampa when I was younger, and the fact that these people are being arrested for simply feeding homeless and hungry shows you how perverse the state has gotten. A number have been arrested in support of the activist, and as a act of civil disobedience against this bogus ruling.
The feedings here in Baltimore back in the mid to late 90's were also ruled "illegal" but feeding continued and a finger was flipped at the lawmakers. Rightfully so.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Spare us the liberal garbage. I live where this is happening. There are places to feed the hungry in Orlando. This group wants to do it one particular spot, kind of like Nazis insisting they have a right to goose step in a synagog.

This group is more than welcome to feed the homeless just three bocks to the west but no because three blocks to the west isn't in everyone face. The hungry is not the issue here. The issue is a bunch of liberals who want media attention.

The area around Lake Eola was crime ridden for years. The city landscaped the area, brough in lights, patrols, and cleaned up was was a meeting place for druggies, rapists and molestors. Now this bunch of liberal idiots want to attract the rift-raft back to Lake Eola. There are plenty of places to feed the homeless not even a third of a mile west.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ugh, this is ridiculous. Government asserting control over folks trying to help. My son volunteers for FNB's in Spokane. I better warn him to watch out. he might be under surveillance because cops in the city have nothing better to do.

·
Voluntaryist.
274 Posts
Spare us the liberal garbage. I live where this is happening. There are places to feed the hungry in Orlando. This group wants to do it one particular spot, kind of like Nazis insisting they have a right to goose step in a synagog.

This group is more than welcome to feed the homeless just three bocks to the west but no because three blocks to the west isn't in everyone face. The hungry is not the issue here. The issue is a bunch of liberals who want media attention.

The area around Lake Eola was crime ridden for years. The city landscaped the area, brough in lights, patrols, and cleaned up was was a meeting place for druggies, rapists and molestors. Now this bunch of liberal idiots want to attract the rift-raft back to Lake Eola. There are plenty of places to feed the homeless not even a third of a mile west.
"liberal garbage" oh lord here we go, I can assure you I am no where near a liberal, nor are a lot of people whom support the actions of food not bombs, yes indeed there are people in that group and support that group that are. I will give you that. But to flat out deny and tell people they are "more then welcome" to go someone else to hand out food to people who may or may not need it, and label it liberal garbage, and to support these bogus laws/zoning regulations just shows you for what you are , so spare us the Statist Garbage.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Public parks are for everyone. What gives the state the right to dictate where people can go or not. City officials should be getting police to look for real criminals (like rapists, molesters, thieves, etc) instead of doing surveillance on people feeding poor hungry people (including taking samples of food as evidence..lol) and then spend even more taxpayers money on arresting and jailing them.

Sorry for ruining your day since you had to see some homeless people. :D:

FNB has been feeding homeless for 30 years in cities all over the planet. Not gonna stop after the media goes away.

PS - Since when is sharing food a crime?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

There's ALWAYS a side people don't hear about in the news...interesting

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
I was homeless in Chico California for 4 dreadful months of winter before I could get out of that town.I am alive because of Food not Bombs free food give out.I suspect that I am not the only one either.Im sure that there is someone in the orgainization may have a weird agenda but most of the people are just there to give out food to whomever wants it.

You go FNB

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I was a member of food not bombs..Until Bush put them on a terrorist watch list.

I dont think I can say what I want to.
seriously? I guess it doesn't surprise me. I better let my kid know that. But does the fbi really have time to pursue a few punks who just want to express themselves with food?:xeye:

·
Registered
15,150 Posts

laws are laws and they apparently changed the ordnance in the city in 2006

2006 ordinance limiting groups who feed more than twenty-five people in parks to only two permited events per year.

So they need to stop what they are doing and get the ordnance changed ... and in the mean time the city has a lot of other places to feed people,

and since this is what they do...

Members collect surplus food from bakeries, restaurants and grocery stores and prepare vegan meals,

there are going to be issues of food safety and overall cleanliness, and the city might be at odds with people of good intent, but it is also the peoples responsibility to get things changed at the start, not to be so dumb as to keep doing what they are doing and expect no one to come after them...

sorry but I have no sympathy for them if they are not going to obey the ordnances that are in place... They need to keep apppealing the ruling and fight for what they want, not blatantly ignore law...

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
I was a member of food not bombs..Until Bush put them on a terrorist watch list.

I dont think I can say what I want to.

I am a little lost on this one... why would the govt. place a group of people with this intent upon a list...when it seems to me they are just feeding people...

Was there other things that got them on that list... some activities they participated in that got them the rope?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't really know much about FNB but suspect from the little I read there and seen that they have a specific agenda that isn't just limited to feeding the homeless.
If they want to feed the hungry then maybe they should just move a block or two down as was mentioned by another poster. If feeding the homeless was your untilmate goal then it doesn't matter much where you fed them! However if you want to make a statement while feeding the homeless then at some point I'm assuming that you'll end up arrested! It happens when you break the law; even bad, un-needed laws; carry penalties until they are repealed.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts