Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SI vis pacem,para bellum
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to purchase food bars would like to hear some opinions about this type of food. As an emergency item are they enough to keep some one going for a sustained time. What one's are best, how long can the be kept unused.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,758 Posts
As with everything else, there's no "best". It depends on what agrees with your palate and digestive system. My preference is Datrex, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily better than the others. I haven't tried the Millenium bars yet, but they're getting a lot of good reviews.

I'd say try a few of each type that you're considering before making your decision. Sometimes a particular bar might not agree with your system and it's sure better to know that ahead of time then to find out after the fact.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depends on the food bar, Mainstay's 3600 and the Datrex bars are all advertised as being capable of great temperature variance.
Dig a little deeper.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
We have the 3600-Calorie S.O.S. Food Bars on sale this month for $5.99 (24% off regular price). They are formulated to last up to five years and are flavored with real coconut.

3600-Calorie S.O.S. Bar

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I like Nutrolls. I make some of my own but the snack bar version is a proven source of protein and they are cheap. I just bought an arm load of the large ones for a dollar each. That is much cheaper than most everything else and very tasty unless you are allergic to peanuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts