Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
michelle obama scares me
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That should be about the best "keyword" embedded title ever... well at least in this case haha. I searched, so if this subject has come up in either the XD thread or somewhere else, feel free to merge.

I have as the title suggests. My issue is not with the quality of the holster (love it) but with the adjusting screw. Does anybody else have this configuration? I am curious if I am the only person who has to loosen it entirely to the point of the screw being held in only by the gasket in order to be able to draw my weapon without it snagging. If I tighten it even a few turns, I will either rip my belt off my pants or have to use both hands to draw.

Did I just get an extremely short screw on mine? It's the 4" service model, though I know the 3" and 5" both share the same width regardless.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Is it similar to the one in the pic?

I have one for a 1911 and it took a while to wear in. I also noticed that if I slightly rotate the grip towards my body while drawing, that it was much smoother.

Decent holster, just not my favorite.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a Blackhawk if this fits your gun. If you are in a tussle it will not fall out or someone cannot easily just grab the gun. It takes little practice to learn the draw with the release button. The finger you use to release is in perfect position to hold outside the trigger guard or go directly to the trigger. I was steered to Blackhawk by local LEO's.

http://www.xdpistols.com/item/46261...ERPA_CQC_BL_PDL_XD_RH_BLK.aspx?w=DX1N1wdiz3w=

·
michelle obama scares me
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that blackhawk is the one I've seen a lot on Handguns ... or... one of those shows I record, they just had an episode on conceal carry tactics which had some great tips, and honestly very little on conceal carry, but still a great episode.

The one I have is identical to the attached image, quite similar to the one posted above, but it uses a regular phillips head instead of an allen key. I haven't got a lot of experience with various other makes of holster so my opinion is biased, but other than the one "issue" it's definitely doing a great job.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
For casual range carry, they work ok, but do not recommend it for everyday carry. If you ever take a handgun retention class, you will see why I say this. The fobus holsters end up destroyed in short order.

Blackhawk serpas are much tougher and will survive much longer in a class.

I personally like a good quality leather holster made exactally for the handgun to be carried.

Hope this helps you make your decision on holsters a little easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts