Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a Roto version and a standard paddle. Unless you are planing on open carrying, I would advise against the Roto. The Roto mechanism moves the gun to far away from the body. The paddle holds it nice and close to my love handles.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I would advise against the Fobus. They are not made of Kidex, but the same stuff Milk bottles are made of.

I've seen them have the gun snag on the seatbelt and break comming out of the car (Gun in the dirt with 1/2 the holster around it... the other 1/2 attchaed to the belt.

I've even seen them break when the gun is drawn.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not made of milk bottle plastic. Kydex is not the end all of plastics. I have $900 ski boots that are stressed far more than a holster, and they are not made of Kydex.

All holsters can break. A friend of mine has an expensive custom made holster that broke.

FWIW, Fobus claims that its holsters were used and tested by the Israeli army.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
They are not made of milk bottle plastic. Kydex is not the end all of plastics. I have $900 ski boots that are stressed far more than a holster, and they are not made of Kydex.

All holsters can break. A friend of mine has an expensive custom made holster that broke.

FWIW, Fobus claims that its holsters were used and tested by the Israeli army
Many companies send gear to a military/police department etc to test (Free, so why shouldn't the guys accept) so that they can make thiose claims.

Bottom line... they break, and are of poor quality.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
I'm not a Fobus fan either. Actually I don't care much for plastic/Kydex but have owned a Fobus and an Uncle Mikes. The Mike's holster fit the gun better and seemed to be better made. But I keep going back to leather or horse hide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts