Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Remington received the contract last year, for something like 120,000 M4's.

Bushmasters contract was for foreign sales (equipping Afghan and Iraqi Police and military) not for US troops.

Colt has their hands full with the 240G and 1911 (M45) contracts they were awarded.

FN makes the M16's and M4's, as well as the M249 and 240B and 240G.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
The best M16A2 I ever had issued to me was an FN so, I think the government did well with this new contract.

Al

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Does FN make a civilian version AR-15?
No they are prohibited under the TDP and contract conditions from selling to civilians......... but they do make parts for other makers (PSA uses FN barrels).

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts
Good for FN. This is one of the best decisions I have ever seen .gov make. FN makes some of the best weapons ever. This decision is so shocking because it isn't like .gov to make a decision that make sense. It blows the mind.

·
Forum Administrator
16,790 Posts
It looks like that FN won the new contract for M4/M4A1, beating out Remington and Colt.

http://kitup.military.com/2013/02/army-awards-m4m4a1-contract-fn.html
Does that mean FN will have to build a factory inside the united States? Or do they already have a factory here?

When Beretta won the contract for the M9, one of the stipulations was Beretta had to build a factory on U.S. soil and produce the firearms domestically. This cuts down on transport during times of war.

Reactions: WILL

·
Registered
21,772 Posts
Yes giving orders to non US gun maker is a real winner. Fools.
Doesn't matter where the headquarters are. Matters where the factories are.

A lot of GM stuff is made in Canada and Mexico. Buy American indeed.

Reactions: CallMaker

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
FN is part of my real world evil empire. Its a company propped up by a proxy goverment and expects handouts. With all this new fame from mall ninjas maybe they can afford to buyout another US manfacture and liquidate.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
You guys do realize that Browning (an American Company) and FN have collaborated since the early 1900s, right? I don't even know how many guys brag to me about theirs or their Dad's or their Grandfather's "Belgian Browning" shotgun. Yep, made at Fabrique Nationale.
The M16s and M4s are made right here in America. No harm, no foul.

Al

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Considering the FN history expect them to buyout Ruger soon sell Ruger brand ammo and charge $1500 for 10/22. Hopefully we put together some sort of euro bailout for the goverment of wallon.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is what is wrong with Americans. They chose FN a oversea company for a reason. Not good America. Wake up!

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
It's big news here in Columbia, SC. We're very happy to hold onto that contract around here - and to produce more firearms at our USA plant right here in Columbia, SC, USA than they do anywhere in Europe. Plus we'll keep pumping-out a ton of other small arms for both the military and civilians at the Columbia plant.

Now, if we can only get Stag Arms and Marlin down here, we'll be set and happy.

We have a long and happy relationship with FN here and we intend to keep it.

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
You guys do realize that Browning (an American Company) and FN have collaborated since the early 1900s, right? I don't even know how many guys brag to me about theirs or their Dad's or their Grandfather's "Belgian Browning" shotgun. Yep, made at Fabrique Nationale.
The M16s and M4s are made right here in America. No harm, no foul.

Al
I can confirm this. My Browning A5 is an Belgian made by FN. Serial indicates it was made in 1953.

Reactions: Al Diehl
1 - 20 of 71 Posts