Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking hard at the FN Five Seven lately. I think I want one. I like the performance of the round and the 20-30 round capacity in a handgun.

I do not like a $940 price tag for the gun and $40 a box of 50 rounds. For now, the rounds are not in high demand and I could fairly quickly stock 500 round or so for it. I have my .45s and 9mm with plenty ammo if things get real dry.

What is your experience with this pistol and round? Good, Bad or Indifferent? What is the better ammo for it-the hollow point in 24gr or 44gr with the ballistic tip?

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Honestly the 5.7 round jsut reminds me of the 5.56 in pistol, light round designed for penetration sucks for stopping power, the 5.7 round when your using the LEO/Military only AP ammo is probably very great for it's intended purpose (penetrating armor), but as for stopping power I have no clue, and with the rounds you can buy for civilian dealers idk how that would preform. Stick with your .45 and use the 900 to stock up on more ammo. My .02

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Worthless round . Solution looking for a problem , with out the .gov rounds that we cant have its nothing more than a hotrodded 22 mag ................

The pistols controls are small and seem to me not very sturdy .........

·
Survivalist
53 Posts
I don't understand the government round thing..i got mine a few years back with the rounds they originally came out with...Which i believe are ss195...I still got about 5k and my local ffl has some and keeps getting them in on his stock orders? And says he has the ability to get more..if needed ....now i highly doubt since most of that is regulated thru ATF that they would allow them to buy them if there was a problem...I remember shortly after they came out with the weapon there was a story on 60 minutes or dateline cannot remember which...and most of the ammo dried up after that story..but as far as i know they are or were still producing that round. Honestly i love mine it's not my go to weapon of choice but it's never failed at the range ...and i've seen the armor piercing ability..first hand and can understand why the police were nervous if these things fell into the wrong hands.

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Because the AP rounds issued to police can go through like 20 something layers of kevlar. And yes is documented, not some media BS like with Black Talons .

Reactions: Highlander

·
Banned
494 Posts
5.7 x 28mm secrets

Did you know that everyone who had a major organ shot with a 5.7 x 28mm within 200 meters never survived? Everyone who was ever shot in the brain, liver, heart, and kidney never survived. The 5.7 will split a heart into two or more pieces. The bullet will make a large air hole inside the brain.

Did you know the people who got shot with the 5.7 in the hand, arm or leg made that particular bone turn into powder thus making that limb useless.

These are some of the secrets the CIA, secret service and other organizations are desperately trying to keep secret.

And yes I am talking about the 5.7 x 28mm round that is not the armor piercing round. You can just imagine what kind of damage a armor piercing round can do.

And yes the gun used to shoot this 5.7 x 28mm round is the legendary FN FiveSeven

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you know that everyone who had a major organ shot with a 5.7 x 28mm within 200 meters never survived? Everyone who was ever shot in the brain, liver, heart, and kidney never survived. The 5.7 will split a heart into two or more pieces. The bullet will make a large air hole inside the brain.

Did you know the people who got shot with the 5.7 in the hand, arm or leg made that particular bone turn into powder thus making that limb useless.

These are some of the secrets the CIA, secret service and other organizations are desperately trying to keep secret.

And yes I am talking about the 5.7 x 28mm round that is not the armor piercing round. You can just imagine what kind of damage a armor piercing round can do.
Do you have a source for this?

·
Banned
494 Posts
Do you have a source for this?
Sorry, I do not have the source. While I was reading and looking at the documents years ago I was not really paying much attention to it.

This should not be difficult to verify unless the FN Five Seven is so new that not enough data is out there.

One thing is for sure. The FN Five Seven is not easy to procure.

Fact is there are certain groups of people trying to take the FN Five Seven off the market for civilians.

One more thing the Blue tipped bullet and the hollow points behave very different. The blue tip tracks the straight line to 50 yards and practically a straight line to 100 yards.

The hollow type bullet without the blue tip fires in a large arch even at 25 yards. You must be aware at all times which bullet you are shooting so that you can adjust your aim accordingly.

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
I would go CZ-52 in 7.62 X 25 caliber ammo if I wanted a hot round. Ammo and pistol are a ton cheaper. Bigger bullet that sets the standard for Russian/Communist body armor to the point that they test their armor with the X 25 rounds for penetration. And the ammo is much easier to obtain than that 5.7 stuff.

·
Banned
494 Posts
One thing is for sure. The FN Five Seven is a mysterious gun along with its 5.7 X 28mm ammunition. And no one can state for a fact the FN Five Seven creates small damage like a .22 plinker rifle.

I own a FN Five Seven and I am trying to purchase another one if I can find it without being put on a waiting list.

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
FN Herstal supposedly took a look a number of years ago at some scenarios that involved some terrorists/hostile enemy troops using body armor to defeat standard NATO rifle and pistol rounds. Then they looked at possible urban combat situations. When the engineers put their devious little minds to work on both the urban combat situations and body armor situations they came up with the idea of a small, lightweight bullet that MIGHT be pretty useful and called it the 5.7 cartridge. When they were first testing that round many years ago, there was a buzz going around the military forces of NATO about FN making "a new super bullet" that would be the cure for communist cancer. This goes back to about 1985 or so.

In those days, there was talk about all allied NATO troops going to this new bullet if or when the Russians came screaming through the gaps in Western Germany with their anticipated invasion. Some people were actually calling these new firearms "needle guns" because of an old science fiction story of some sort and because of small diameter of these bullets.

So the 5.7 was designed to be accurate, penetrate communist forces' body armor and it allowed a soldier to carry a lot of rounds in a compact form for hostage rescue operations, urban combat and while on security details. In a way, the P-90 and 5.7 pistol was supposed to be NATO's cross versions of the PPSH submachinegun, the M-1 carbine and an alternative of sorts or to aurment the MP-5 as well. In other words, it gave us more options for various situations. Then the end of the Cold War struck and the 5.7 concept became an idea looking for a place to land. This is why FN pushed their little rifle/carbine/pistol combination as a good anti-terrorist system for hostage rescue teams. They had an idea for something, the Cold War, that died on the vine before it, the 5.7 firearms and ammunition, could come to complete fruition. That's why people can't figure out what to do with the little cartridge and firearms now.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Overpriced and waaaaaay overrated, glorified 22 magnum that's it. Spilt hearts, bone powdered? Come on a 357 magnum will do the same thing and cost a whole lot less to boot, it's a mall ninja caliber at best. I've fired both the pistol and the carbine, both are clunky feeling IMO. I'd spend those big bucks on an AR/AK and maybe some ammo, you'd be far better off in the long run.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,685 Posts
I've fired both, they're nice toys. Too small for a handgun and too underpowered for a rifle. I'd rather take a 9mm and a 5.56 with me.

Reactions: Highlander
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.