Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
Doug, that one is going to cost you....lol Just wait'll I see you in chat!

Reactions: Dougzilla

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
It's gonna fizzle out or go up and east...:)

EDIT: God man , as soon as I hit enter, I had this huge feeling of dread and it all came flooding back again. Can't see a shrink. I want to keep my guns..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They almost always are wrong on the track beyond 24 hours. Besides, this is just a little storm and we could use the extra rain (and give me an excuse not to mow the backyard).

·
I hate everyone equally.
1,349 Posts
Everyone... Lean to the right. It needs to continue its turn east and back out to sea. One.... Two.... Three.... Lean to the right.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1 of the 11,000,004 predictions says that it'll be a cat 1 by the time it hits landfall. we've had worse.

·
New Prepper
221 Posts
Just saw this morning it's only supposed to make tropical storm, not hurricane. YAY! I can handle that! Although I'm already prepared - thanks to this board! Just hope we don't lose power. Such a pain in this heat - BUT this year we have the new Winnebago. Just have to bring it home and crank up the generator! YAY! A/C!! :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just like all the storms that have a chance of coming near Florida: It's going to be over exaggerated and the track is going to go somewhere else. Meanwhile, everyone wastes their time talking about it and tracking it on their computer.

We need the rain though. I'd like to have the chance to use my generator. Since I bought it 3 years ago during the last "chance of a hurricane coming near", I've never had to use it.

Homer

·
Old Soldier
5,072 Posts
Ahh, yes! Hurricane season once again.
The annual humor festival as I sit in my recliner and watch on the local news all the panic stricken Yankee transplants swarming Home Depot to buy plywood.:D:
Already being prepared is a good thing.:thumb:
(Note to self: fill all vehicles and a few 5 gal cans with gas NLT Wednesday)

·
New Prepper
221 Posts
Ahh, yes! Hurricane season once again.
The annual humor festival as I sit in my recliner and watch on the local news all the panic stricken Yankee transplants swarming Home Depot to buy plywood.:D:
Already being prepared is a good thing.:thumb:
(Note to self: fill all vehicles and a few 5 gal cans with gas NLT Wednesday)
Yes, it's comical to watch the local newscasters get all hyped up about the weather when they go into 24 hour a day reporting on the storms! Sheesh! 9 times out of 10, it's nothing more than a rain storm! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm glad to see it. Not that I wish death and destruction for anyone, but Florida normally gets about one third of its yearly rainfall from tropical systems and we've missed that over the last several years. The Suwannee River has recently been at its lowest level in a long time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm glad to see it. Not that I wish death and destruction for anyone, but Florida normally gets about one third of its yearly rainfall from tropical systems and we've missed that over the last several years. The Suwannee River has recently been at its lowest level in a long time.
Speaking of the Suwannee River, I remember a year or so ago, I was driving to Tallahassee on I-10, and the water nearly came up to the highway!! I can't remember if it was due to a tropical storm or because of otherwise heavy rainfall, but that was the highest I've ever seen it.

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
Looks to me like Texas needs about 3 or 4 tropical storms. The drought has now stretched up to Indiana and Michigan. SkyTrak Weather Forecast: A new month, but no change, yet. Look for another
hot one in central Indiana today. July was the hottest month for
Indianapolis since 1936. We also only had .47" of rain. That sets the
record for the driest July ever. We'll tie the record of 19 consecutive
days above 90 on Thursday. Radar, five-day forecast and more.
Great, ain't it? What next? A freakin' DUSTBOWL!?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Speaking of the Suwannee River, I remember a year or so ago, I was driving to Tallahassee on I-10, and the water nearly came up to the highway!! I can't remember if it was due to a tropical storm or because of otherwise heavy rainfall, but that was the highest I've ever seen it.
Yes, she is a moody little vixen. Usually the most severe flooding comes when the Okefenokee gets heavy rainfall, but the high levels from a couple of years back came from a localized downpour in madison and Hamilton counties.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts