Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) put forward a gun control bill Tuesday designed to ban the manufacture, sale, or possession of bump stock accessories in the United States.

Read the article at http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-introduces-gun-control-bill-for-bump-stocks/

Senator Feinstein has also put forth a similar Bill in the Senate.

Curbelo has a 22% F rating from Conservative Review. Another RINO. Florida has 16 Republican representatives and 6 score a D and 5 score an F on the Conservative Review scorecard.

This means that they vote against conservative positions on Bills most of the time and with the Democrats. Look it up.

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard?party=&state=FL&chamber=house

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,788 Posts
First, I'm not surprised in the least. He's not a RINO. He's the average Republican politician.

Second, I want to take a moment to point out the sheer idiocy of banning these bump stock accessories that are designed as a poor man's full auto when full auto is still legal(even if it is controlled). What the **** is in these peoples' heads?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
With the large amount of Republicans already supporting it, I think it is safe to say a ban will be coming soon.

Imagine if it were a Democratic held Senate, House and White House. It be more than bump stocks, it be magazines, semi-auto rifles, etc. So I guess we are lucky? We won? We are winning?

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,788 Posts
With the large amount of Republicans already supporting it, I think it is safe to say a ban will be coming soon.

Imagine if it were a Democratic held Senate, House and White House. It be more than bump stocks, it be magazines, semi-auto rifles, etc. So I guess we are lucky? We won? We are winning?
Your attacker using lubricant isnt 'winning'.

·
(Nothing to See Here)
321 Posts
First, I'm not surprised in the least. He's not a RINO. He's the average Republican politician.

Second, I want to take a moment to point out the sheer idiocy of banning these bump stock accessories that are designed as a poor man's full auto when full auto is still legal(even if it is controlled). What the **** is in these peoples' heads?
Introducing highly controversial bills, such as that one may be, will get them their 15 minutes. People will still vote for them because they have a R after their name on the ballot.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I'm sure it's no shocker to anyone.....was pretty clear from the outset that bump stocks were the easy scapegoat especially once the NRA/WH gave their stance. Only the most ardent "don't budge an inch" 2A congressmen will oppose it and there aren't too many of them.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,557 Posts
Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) put forward a gun control bill Tuesday designed to ban the manufacture, sale, or possession of bump stock accessories in the United States.

Read the article at http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-introduces-gun-control-bill-for-bump-stocks/

Senator Feinstein has also put forth a similar Bill in the Senate.

Curbelo has a 22% F rating from Conservative Review. Another RINO. Florida has 16 Republican representatives and 6 score a D and 5 score an F on the Conservative Review scorecard.

This means that they vote against conservative positions on Bills most of the time and with the Democrats. Look it up.

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard?party=&state=FL&chamber=house
He's a typical Miami Cuban politician. They're all RINO'S down there.
Why doesn't he just run on what he is? A democrat.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,557 Posts

Liberalism.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,557 Posts

What are we winning exactly? We have been steadily LOSING since 1934.

Reactions: Fragnar

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More Repub RINOs piling on. These House Rinos have cosponsored the Bump stock Bill. Should have started this thread in the Political forum.

Rep. Peter King (R-NY)
Rep. Leonard Lance (R-NJ)
Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-PA)
Rep, Ed Royce (R-CA)
Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ)
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-MN)
Rep. Ryan Costello (R-PA)
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)
Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Probably something along the lines of "**** the poor"

·
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)
2,216 Posts
The rifle club I belong to banned bump stocks over a year ago due to rifles fitted with them being inaccurate and difficult to control. Of course, with bipods and targets the size of a football field, it's a different story as the Vegas mass murderer proved. :eek::mad::eek:

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Does the bill even mention bump stocks? I don't see it. From what I read it restricts ANYTHING that increases the semi auto rate of fire. So what does "increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle" mean. Or is that up to the ATF to determine. It could include things like lightening the trigger pull or shortening the trigger reset.

To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the bill even mention bump stocks? I don't see it. From what I read it restricts ANYTHING that increases the semi auto rate of fire. So what does "increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle" mean. Or is that up to the ATF to determine.
Whatever they want it to mean.

Maybe they'll ask to see your trigger finger if you spend too much time dry firing in your living room...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts