Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday April 25th at the Public range in Ocala Forest on Hwy 40 their will be a Meet and greet/BBQ and shoot. Come for the day, half day or however long you'd like. Bring something to pitch in on the food, something to shoot and your appetite! Their will be opportunities to barter also- bring anything you'd like to barter to others of like mind.

We have had great success with these Meet and greet/BBQ/Shoots in middle Georgia and they usually include a lot of Florida folks that travel up for the day, so we figured we would bring it a little closer to the Florida folks. :D:

Since their will be shooting please leave the alcohol at home, I don't think it's allowed at the range anyways. Observe good safety habits and good manners. Please watch the language around the women folk and any children that may be present. Think "golden rule."

Feel free to bring your family.

Lowdown3

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBQ ideas- something simple like hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, etc.

We got really crazy with one of the one in middle GA last Spring and brought a dozen rabbits that we BBQ'ed :D: If you've never had BBQ rabbit, you've never ate! LOL

Look forward to meeting you all.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I'm up for a Georgia gathering, but Ocala is too far away during my busy work season.

Ill just have to wait until something is organized closer to Atlanta.

Ya'll have fun now, hear?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm up for a Georgia gathering, but Ocala is too far away during my busy work season.

Ill just have to wait until something is organized closer to Atlanta.

Ya'll have fun now, hear?
I think Zen's got something in the works for north GA. Good bunch of folks up there, you'll like them. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Folks that are planning on camping the night before (Friday night) please PM me or email as the spots are filling up fast. Lots of folks will be day hiking and camping on Friday.

Course your welcome to come and camp, come and hike, just come to BS, come to the shoot, etc. Lots to do for all interests.

Lowdown3

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
I have shot at that Ocala range before. It's only 100 yards, but it is machinegun-friendly. :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I see that there a quite a few new members from Florida. Would be great to meet a few?

Who is planning on making it to this?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last I heard they are raging but haven't touched the rifle range and other areas we will be using for the get together. The camp spot MAY be a problem but it's way too early to tell. April 25th is still pretty far off. So far we have about 25-30 folks from here, Arfcom and Frugals planning on coming to the shoot, BBQ and meet and greet.

Thanks for the BTT, I was kinda letting it lay till the guys down south had their get together so as not to seem like we were competing with them or something. :thumb:

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
The fires are contained, I live just down the road from there. I missed the FL MAG because of work, would love to attend this though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts