Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone ive lived in FL all my life and yes i did the boyscout thing for a long time but now as i get to be more and more involved in hunting and fishing as well as possible wilderness survival situations i find my self wanting to take several wilderness survival courses. so i did a google search and it came up with two major ones, one is near miami and is called "Green Earth Survival School" and the other is called "Byron Kerns Survival school" both seem to have similar carriculums and costs as well as required equiptment. I'm leaning more toward the Byron Kerns School seeing as it is only about an hour away and in the ocala national forest which ive been to several times (my grandparents cabin and boyscout trips). has anyone attended either of these schools or any other florida survival schools. any feed back would be appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im definitely leaning toward the kerns courses i think ill try to take the first one and then see about taking more advanced courses. im thinkin about taking one after this semester kind of as a reward to myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the Wood Smarts or Wild Wisdom course. Probably the Wild Wisdom. That is if the wife wants to go then it will probly be the Wood Smarts, cause as an animal lover she will have nothing to do with field dressing the Easter bunny;)

Well if your interested let me know and maybe we can arrange doing the same course.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
A friend of mine took Byron's Wicked Thunder course and liked it. If I lived closer I would love to take a class with Madison Parker at www. primitivesupply.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey thanks everyone for the links and support everyone here is alot more generous than other forums i belong to. and wado man i wont be doing it for about another 5-6 months its kind of a end of the semester gift to myself (i hate school) lol when i do decide to go ill shoot you an email and maybe we can work something out. thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm game for a Wood Smart or Wild Wisdom course. It'll be hard for me to dress a rabbit or any animal for that matter....but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

P.M. me...I think it would be awesome.

I'm about 1 hour north of Gainesville, FL right off I-75 if anyone want to car pool let me know :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fellas
Chris here. Please have a look at my site. It is still under construction. www.psychoswamprat.com It is exactly what it sounds like, Florida swamp. I focus more on the Florida wilds in practice and love the water. I start my Survival classes with a river crossing. I like to enter a primary natural dynamic for our region from the word go. Rain, river, humidity or persperation you're getting wet going through the swamps. An aid in many ways ie h2o collection, speeding the convection process, cleansing and so on. All vital in this environment.

Let me know if I can help with your survival school needs. I'm in Middleburg, between Jax and Starke, and am relatively close to you all.

Kind regards
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts