Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who here has been in one? Like a real fight not a 'fight night' or sport event (mma, karate, etc). I'm j/w i've been in a few and lost 1. but I'm just wondering because it seems that everyday at my school someone say 'I'm gonna beat you @$$' to someone else, and there all cocky i mean i guess its natural but do they know that one shot in a fight and you could lose a fight? I mean idk I'm going of subject. so a show of hands who has 'thrown hands'?

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
When I was younger fighting was one of my favorite things to do. Three fingers on my left hand have been broken, one on the right, my right wrist broken and my nose broken twice. Not to mention cuts, bruises and black eyes. No matter who you are or how bad you are there is always going to be some one that can kick your ass.
I was mad at the world then and was not afraid to stand up to anyone. Funny how the years and a family will change your outlook on life. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was in a fight or even mad enough to hit someone. Beside it takes a lot longer to heal now.

·
Angels on the sidelines..
205 Posts
Heh, as probably any guy of a larger stature would agree...people just LOVE to test big guys out. I don't know if it's the..."I wonder if I can take him" mentality, or just a general Napoleon complex, but yeah...I've had my share. Being 6'4" weighing in around 320lbs, and still being in decent shape...people aaalways wanna see what you got. Would I prefer not to, of course. But that's why I carry my asp around nowadays. That 26" of pain on top of the already perceived threat has always been enough to keep people from doing something incredibly stupid.

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
Not recently...but when I was younger, I enjoyed a good brawl every now and again.

I usually tried to throw the first punch (while they were still mouthing off...before they thought it was fighting time), then immedialty Blitzkrieg in (while they were recoiling), grab one leg at the knee, lift it up high and take them to the ground, land on top of them and start hitting them in the face. If they started to worm out of it, I'd try to grab their shirt and pull it over their arms and then go back to swinging. Usually, the fight would be broken up, by the time the person ever even had a chance to know what happened.

I lost a few fight along the way...but, not once I decided it made more sense to strike first and never slow down. One rule- don't talk tough...don't even mouth off with people. While they're talking crap- attack relentlessly.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
I got in more than my fair share of fights in elem. school and high school. Usually with boys, but got in a couple of memorable fist fights with female....teachers. B*tch-slapped a male principal that shoved me. I went by the standard of the other person HAD to hit me, shove me, kick me, whatever first. After that, I considered them *free meat*.
As an adult...been in a few bar brawls, fights with my oldest sister and husbands. My first husband liked to smack me around, one day I smacked back. He filed for divorce two days later--after he was discharged from the hospital.
Last fight was with an attacker, here at the rooming house. He grabbed me around the neck, I punched him in the throat and my dog went into *Cujo Mode*...fight over. Police came and took him to jail.
And I'm a chubby OLD broad!

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Well you're talking about being at school.

I left school at 16 to go to music college.

When I was at school I didn't have any confidence in myself.

I was a funny man and quite popular with it:upsidedown:.

When the girls weren't trying to kick me in the balls they liked me.

Most of the lads liked me including the "Cocks", the toughest lads in the school.

But, I was also bullied by a group of boys when I was 12yrs old.

Being only "average" height and very, very skinny (not any more, I wish!!!) and carrying a trumpet case all over the place, coupled with the fact I was very shy, I was an apparent easy victim.

After a while I decided the trumpet case made a good missile.

Launching it at the most loudmouth member and then windmilling my fists while I went at the group, earned the respect from the "Cocks" of each year. After seeing that a few times, the tough lads of the year groups and school kept things in order for me!

My advice FWIW, walk away everytime.

If a particular individual is giving you hassle, do your best to single him out and then go for him. Whether you win or not won't probably matter, the very fact that you engaged him will give him cause to leave you alone.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
i have been in so many fights i couldnt count if i wanted plus jumped alot i lived in a city
with three big gangs and mine happend to be in the middle i have been jumped, shot at, stabbed and even people tryed to run me over

so many injurys i cant even say lets just say when it gets cold i can feel them all
i have won more then i lost im not gonna lie and say i won them all cause honestly how many 15 year olds did you no could beat up people in there 20's

i was a jerk when i was a kid and when i got to juvy it just got worst started hanging with bikers when i got out for a couple years and that didnt help but now i am the first one to try to walk away

because in all honesty it really doesnt matter a week later

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I got in more than my fair share of fights in elem. school and high school. Usually with boys, but got in a couple of memorable fist fights with female....teachers. B*tch-slapped a male principal that shoved me. I went by the standard of the other person HAD to hit me, shove me, kick me, whatever first. After that, I considered them *free meat*.
As an adult...been in a few bar brawls, fights with my oldest sister and husbands. My first husband liked to smack me around, one day I smacked back. He filed for divorce two days later--after he was discharged from the hospital.
Last fight was with an attacker, here at the rooming house. He grabbed me around the neck, I punched him in the throat and my dog went into *Cujo Mode*...fight over. Police came and took him to jail.
And I'm a chubby OLD broad!
Not that chubby or old.........

MILF is the phrase that springs to mind.
:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
im a pretty big guy myself but no one has messed with me really unless they had their buddies to mack up their mouth and even then no one did anything.... im 6'4 275lb and ive got a hell of a reach too but i havent been in a fight since i was a kid... i think alot of the reason no one messes with me is the way i carry myself...my friends have toldme many times that im an intimidating guy most of the time
Heh, as probably any guy of a larger stature would agree...people just LOVE to test big guys out. I don't know if it's the..."I wonder if I can take him" mentality, or just a general Napoleon complex, but yeah...I've had my share. Being 6'4" weighing in around 320lbs, and still being in decent shape...people aaalways wanna see what you got. Would I prefer not to, of course. But that's why I carry my asp around nowadays. That 26" of pain on top of the already perceived threat has always been enough to keep people from doing something incredibly stupid.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
im a pretty big guy myself but no one has messed with me really unless they had their buddies to mack up their mouth and even then no one did anything.... im 6'4 275lb and ive got a hell of a reach too but i havent been in a fight since i was a kid... i think alot of the reason no one messes with me is the way i carry myself...my friends have toldme many times that im an intimidating guy most of the time
I would say that the last time I got hassled on the street I was about 24yrs old. I weighed about 130lb and was 5'9''.

At 31 nearly 32 I'm around 180lb or more, I've not (touch wood for luck, that sounds funny but it's a superstitious saying:eek::) had any problems since (I'm sure that also comes with physical and mental confidence).

Most guys here will say that during their mid twenties they muscularly "fill out". This happens whether or not you train, although I'm sure if you train your body you'll get bigger results.

Ignore the idiots at school, i.e. don't get thrown out from school for fighting them, because in a few years all this will mean utter bull to you.

YB.

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
I think its changed since I was a kid. When I was a teenager, i enjoyed fighting. But, back when/were I grew up, we knew that nobody was going to pull a knife or gun, or beat you senseless...or kill you. It was just not a thought that went through your head. You knew that next week you'd see that same kid at school or at the store or movie.

Its alot different now with gangs and guns. I probably wouldnt fight these days

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
By the way in High School, I was 6' 170lbs. The perfect size for everyone to try to fight.
Little guys thought they might be able to whip me- so they'd give it a try
And, big guys, thought I was big enough to fight, but not so big that they couldn't beat me....

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
I think its changed since I was a kid. When I was a teenager, i enjoyed fighting. But, back when/were I grew up, we knew that nobody was going to pull a knife or gun, or beat you senseless...or kill you. It was just not a thought that went through your head. You knew that next week you'd see that same kid at school or at the store or movie.

Its alot different now with gangs and guns. I probably wouldnt fight these days
It was the same here. When you got into a fight you didn't have to worry about getting cut. I guess it was honorable to fight fair. Even if you lost.

I definitely see a pattern here. I have also always been big for my age. I'm 6'1" and 210 pounds now and back in school weighed around 185. I went looking for a fight a few times but I usually could stand in one spot and the fight would find me.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
I spar everyday with a 20 year old son of mine. It keeps me fast and sharp. Practice keeps me from losing fights.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
5'9 160 lbs and have the scares from other peoples teeth on my hands as a reminder of the good ole days. As barbaric as it is there is a satisfaction in kicking someones azz.

Reactions: Yorkshire Boy

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Fighting is a right of passage,

passage into a realm of the left alone list. Kick enough ass, and they leave you
alone. I went to 3 high schools in my right of passage, now after raising a family, much older and wiser, like someone said: Don't mess with an old man, if he don't want to fight he might shoot you. Thats me now, it takes to long to heal and I am in enough pain everyday now anyways. Take care of your body when you are young so you don't have to hurt when your older. Fighting only solves the problem for a moment, and if its over a woman don't, its not worth
the pain. To protect your family, just shoot them. Let the law take care of the clean up. The first line you tell them ( you were scared for your familys safety).
They were the attackers, and you were the victim, find witness's and take there statements. Collect and save any evidence for the police so it doesn't walk away. Take picks of it. Cover your butt. And make sure they know you were the one that called them. Very Important. they know you are the RP.
I think times are going to get real strange the next few months, Good luck and God bless. Oh, one more thing. God takes care of those that take care of them selves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Haven't been in any fights in years now. Had some close calls when out clubbing but since highschool haven't had any trouble.

During highschool only a couple of fights. One fight most of all ended up keeping people from starting anything with me, the guy was much taller and wider than I was. He pushed me, I pushed back, he didnt budge. I thought I was screwed, he pushed again and so I pushed back. Then, I thought he was going to push me so I braced for it but instead he grabbed my by the throat and put me up against a fence. So to me, he was totally open, and I had been into boxing for a while, threw a quick but solid 1,2,3 to the chest/gut area and he went really backwards and onto his ass. After that no one gave me any trouble.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Son, my advice to you is this:

1- Learn how to take a punch

3- Learn how to throw a punch

And if numbers 1/2 don;t work out for you, just be a fast runner !!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts