Survivalist Forum banner

fishing

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  tnfatboy 
#1 ·
were starting to plan for a hiking trip come spring time. im wanting to take my fly rod with me this time but dont know how i should carry it. id like to have some sort of plastic tube that i could fit it into but so far, havent found anything that will accommodate me. anyone have any ideas?

#7 ·
this:thumb: Or any aluminum fly rod case. To lash to your pack use velcro tape. Wipe the case surface with alcohol, let dry and apply the velcro tape. I'll let you figure out location and length. We've used the velcro for retaining the straps of goggles on the back of snow ski helmets for many years w/o any failures.

#5 ·
Yes PVC is the most cost efficient choice. You will not need PVC that's thick though, just extra weight. I would suggest buying schedule 40 PVC, rather then 80, it will be thinner and less expensive. If your not sure how to tell the difference just ask for Schedule 40 PVC in any hardware type store.

#10 ·
+1 on the foam, both ends. I made one to carry my 4'6" ultralight spinning rod in because I broke another one in the truck. I like the screw on cap on one end and the plug or non-removable cap on the other. If i was going to be hiking around with it, I'd probably cut it to the minimum length so that the foam would keep the rod from rattling around and keep it safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.