Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Plinker
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No kidding! This was in a Survival Article I read (circa mid 70's). You locate shallow water (waist high), you sink several short stakes into the bottom. Attach short lines to them a foot or so below the water with hook and bait. I believe it also called for several decoys (like regular duck hunting). When a duck goes for the bait, it is hooked and drowns.

·
Freedom Is Not Free
662 Posts
Post shtf this might work.
Now it will get you busted. Waterfowl are migratory and are protectected on the state and federal level. Regulations are in place to protect these species and control how they are harvested. Good luck if you get caught.

·
Registered
7 Posts
put a trot line on land anchored between two trees using #18 nylon twine and small long shank bream hooks you can catch everything from squirrels to turkeys with the right bait conceal it well enough and use treble hooks and you may even catch the game warden

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
This is just another tool that we should all place in our bags when the time comes to do what we have to do to survive. If SHTF and your choices are doing these type of things or die well then you make the call.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post shtf this might work.
Now it will get you busted. Waterfowl are migratory and are protectected on the state and federal level. Regulations are in place to protect these species and control how they are harvested. Good luck if you get caught.
I agree and am not doing this. I'm a good sportsman, I get all the necessary licenses and follow all the rules etc. But Post SHTF....All bets are off, Survival is the name of the game!

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Here's another not legal idea.

Go to a city park lake.

Run a line through a long pole (as long as you want but 20ft would be good)and make a noose at the end.

Put the noose over a duck's, swan's, goose's neck and pull the line to tighten.

Get a friend to grab the bird and break its neck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts