Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
who? what? me? No!!!
654 Posts
interesting read, thank you.
course that was written many moons ago, and now the fish in a barrel has evolved to aquaponics. and the worms eating the food scraps is good idea.

I will be getting approx 2500 worms soon, but they won't be fed tables scraps, they will be put in the poop boxes under my rabbit cages

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I used a large swimming pool to raise catfish that I caught. I had them in the pool all winter and through the summer. They grew in there over the 2 years I had them. Most were over 5 pounds when I put them in the pool. The fish seem to do very well in there eating bugs that landed in there.I added several dozen large Crappies and bluegills that my friends and I caught over the summer.

I finally decided to get my pool back and replaced the liner. We ate all the fish at a fish fry. Make sure you have a good water pump running all the time during the summer.My pool was a 4 foot deep pool but I dug it down to 6 to 8 feet by using a special liner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.