Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its jan 8th and im getting the first signifigant snowfall, it started at about 1pm , and its been steady big wet flakes, about 3 inches in the yard and starting to stick on the roads, I live at elevation 2000 ft, went and filled up my jeep, got some grub,if it keeps falling probably have a foot by morning, All my labs have loved the snow, 2 years ago my 4 year old lab died from cancer my heart is still broken I found another lab at a rescue place, [all my labs have been rescues.He is 9 years old now,I took him out in the YARD and it gave me a big smile, the old lab just went crazy rolling in the snow and eating it dancing around in circles,I dont want the snow but if it makes the old dog happy then let it snow.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Since I've been back in CT we have had three snowfalls. Each time they were minor ones and pretty much melted off in a day or two. I only hope that pattern continues. It's been fairly nice although the temp is in the mid-30s to the 40s range.

But we were in SC for two weeks plus a day or two and it was 75 on a few days. Shorts and T-shirt weather. :D: I miss that!

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,356 Posts
It's snowing here now. It started back in November and so far we've had about 3 feet, although it melts and settles, then snows again. I've been plowing the driveway about 3 times a week. This week almost every day. Our water year is looking great.

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
We've been snowing now and then since before Halloween. Quite normal in Colorado. And yes, the big dogs love snow. My shepherd mixes put their noses down and their butts up an run around like insane fuzzy snowplows. Now if I could get them to do that in the dirt come spring I'd have my garden tilled.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,553 Posts
In the Rocky Mountains anyway, I think the snow has been earlier and more snow than usual. Not too much snow in December but October and November were a bit much.

I could post a lot more pics but the following should give a good idea of what my mtn place was like last Fall a month and more before official winter. My land is at 9,500 feet but still a bit unusually cold and snowy Autumn.

This is the main hallway I had built last summer of 2019 and it will be a long hallway eventually. My Dad's old pickup is to the right. The whole structure once built will be at least 80 feet by 15 feet wide. I did shovel the roof off once when there was two feet of snow on top. >

This is not the best photo but the best with my phone. It was taken after two feet of snow had fallen. This shows part of the wall I had built around my 2006 F-350. I built it mainly for privacy so any driving by on snowmobiles in the winter would not see it. And it keeps the snow from piling up against the sides. >

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,523 Posts
WE RECEIVED 4" the last week of October.

Welcome to Great Lakes world in northern Michigan.

It really is a color photo, it is just that this is the way it looks in Michigan at this time of the year for about the next 5 months.

Welcome to the Great Lakes world in northern Michigan.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts
Living in Florida, I have not seen snow in 22 years. The last time was when I driving for Wisconsin Express and delivered a load of textiles to a warehouse in Sandusky Ohio

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
We had a dusting at Xmas. Were due for light snow today but it did not happen. Good possibility tonight. the mountain has a couple of feet, but I have no intent to go there until this spring. Then it will be to do winter damage repair, work on the sewer and do fire prevention

·
Indefatigable
20,138 Posts
No snow for Tulsa, just hail and ice and I am not expecting any, but it sure would be nice to take one more snowbath before I kick it.

·
Indefatigable
20,138 Posts
Got my snowbath!! It snowed like a blizzard was coming fo about an hour around 10 am Saturday morning. By 2pm you would never have known it had snowed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts