Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Adventurer
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m on BladeHQ and I’m looking through the Cold Steel fixed blade knives and a large % of them are out of stock. especially the self defense and fighting knives. I can’t ever remember this happening.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Apparently, thanks to the media scaring everyone to death, many people are not going to work anymore. Production is down on everything up the supply chain, so even if people DO go to work, there are no materials to make what you normally make.
Welcome to the new US economy under leftism and media control.

·
Adventurer
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, thanks to the media scaring everyone to death, many people are not going to work anymore. Production is down on everything up the supply chain, so even if people DO go to work, there are no materials to make what you normally make.
Welcome to the new US economy under leftism and media control.
So you don’t think it’s from the unprepared lemmings just buying any weapon they can get?

Good thing I already “Hoard” knives

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
So you don’t think it’s from the unprepared lemmings just buying any weapon they can get?

No, I don't. I don't think most "normal" people think of buying knives as weapons or self defense items.

But then, some of us aren't normal, are we. 😁

Collecting...hoarding...who's to say which is which?

·
Fenced In
3,314 Posts
Cold Steel was recently sold. Could production be shut down for the change over?
Could be, but where's the fun in a logical explanation?

If you figure that from Black Friday through President's Day and beyond, there are all sorts of holidays with accompanying sales, there have been almost non-stop discounts, including on Cold Steel. I waited too long on one that caught my eye back in January, thinking that the sale price and availability would last longer.

·
Adventurer
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m so sad to hear that Cold Steel was sold...... I’ve always felt like they were the best value of any brand..... Plus they make all those giant folding knives that I like to carry for shock value once in a while.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,121 Posts

Canneries are having the same problem. Steel production is way down because of the pandemic. Factories in many sectors are having a hard time getting the supplies they need to manufacture their products.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Our gas range went and flamed out so we had to replace it.

Was able to finally get one, but was told by MULTIPLE stores that ranges and other appliances are getting thin on pickings because of the shutdowns.
Parts, and assembly factories are either shuttered or limited capacity. This is the long term effect of the political stupidity of the viral scaredy cats.

I suspected as much because inventory has drawn down substantially on everything from the aforementioned knives to computer chips to other items. This includes raw materials, aggregate parts and final assembly.

The effects if these lockdowns continue will be devastating as everyday products becomes scarcer and scarcer.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Really every thing is starting to run out .
I wanted a wheel barrel the other day and I went to 3 stores
I found a good one and the guy wanted 225 bucks for it .
It’s top of the line but it’s double what it worth to me .
Even chicken wings are running low
I stop for some food with the girls they wanted pizza 🍕 and hot wings .
There was a sign stating
Do to COVID the price of our chicken wing dinner is 1299 they where 7 bucks 2 months ago .
How can there be a shortage on Buffalo wings the chickens still have 2 wings ?
This is some bs

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,402 Posts
Most high end manufacturers are having supply issues of one kind or the other...
Raw materials, parts, delivery, etc...Plus CS is under new ownership..Im hoping they dont screw up the company

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Cold Steel was recently sold. Could production be shut down for the change over?
Yep. The dumbing down of Cold Steel products is complete. I have CS knives from he 1980s and 1990s. They were basically at the level of some custom or bench made knives at the time.

Now that CS knives have been sold to a major producer, most people expect that the quality will fall, thus the run on the existing supply of CS knives.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Another factor might be that gun shops are ordering lots more knives because they can't get any guns to sell.
A local gun shop I stopped by last week the display cases normally
displaying handguns were filled with mid to higher end knives. Much more of their inventory was now knives.
Guess they got tired of people walking in, seeing empty display cases, & immediately walking back out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts