Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a tad bit insane
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Remington 870 super magnum. I was curious what were your experiences with it, and what was your preference in terms of use. I am waiting, cali and there top secret clearance.

·
Anti-Communist
718 Posts
I have heard nothing but bad things about the super mags, expresses too. My advice dont buy a remington new. Must be at least 20 years old to avoid all the quality control problems. Buy a mossberg pump and dont look back. This isn't me hating remington or anything there quality has suffered a lot in recent years.

·
Old Soldier
5,069 Posts
I've got an 870 Super Magnum Express 12ga. The price was right at the pawn shop, that's the only reason I didn't get a regular Express. I really don't need the 3 & 1/2" capacity, firing just one of those rounds was enough for me.
What are the alleged quality control problems? I've never heard any first hand info, only hearsay.

·
Anti-Communist
718 Posts
No firsthand info, but I tend to trust the info I see when multiple blogs and sites talk about problems with them. Apparently, the extractors are now being made of sub-par metals. Actually I do know of someone in my family that got rid of one for just that problem. Certain ammo it would jam and stovepipe. And if you look in the barrel it has not been made smooth so shells get stuck in the barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts