Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was topping up the wife's .30 carbine stock and found there were only two boxes left at the local today. Took them both. Can't find anymore quality .30 carbine now either locally or on the web. What's left is wolf and other non mil-spec ammo that doesn't cycle correctly. Tried a couple orders and canceled out when I got a back order notice. These days back orders are seldom filled or honored. Whats up???

Is .30 carbine the first to be gone from the market place?

I asked for some good steel AK mags and they were all battlefield clean up mags in poor shape. I was willing to wire brush some and paint them with rustolium, but they were dented and some didn't lay flat on the counter. All 6 of them.

Then I looked at Bulgy composite mags. $20 each. limit 2 per customer. They had 4 in stock so I left 2 for some other lucky person. Hope they appreciate it.

Its messed up out there and its not coming back. Get what you can, right now.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Georgia Arms has .30 carbine, high quality stuff too.

Reactions: Brew

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
My nearby WallyWorld in the DFW area didn't have any 30 Carbine - they told me they don't stock it. Academy sports has Remington SP, nothing else, and it is high dollar. Nearby gun shop had a couple of boxes. It is hard to find when things are normal, even in a major metro area. When I lived in Lubbock, only one gun shop ever stocked any sizeable quantity of it. I usually buy Federal FMJ on line a case at a time, when I can find it.

Good luck,
Joe

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I am not going to be caught by the upcoming Obama/Biden ban on ammo/guns. Just bought two more handguns and an additional2000 rounds of 9MM and 40 cal and 500 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun assorted loads to augment my present stockpile. Getting while its cheap and available. All weapons/ammo is stored in waterproof Just In Case(JIC) type containers in the event there is an attempt to confiscate privately owned weapons. The Obama/Biden team will have to find mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts