Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stuck in the City...
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a new first aid pack. I have a small (10"x10"x6") molle type bag and have out grown it. I am NOT looking for pack to hike with or bug out with but simply to have with me when I travel or car/truck camp or what ever the case may be. Something to keep my medical supplies in.

One that opens fully is ideal. one with some clear pouches/pockets is a plus. And I would really like it to be a backpack of some sort.

Any ideas?
looking to spend 100+-

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
why not get a fully stocked military M-5 or M-17 aid bag, they run around $150 or so.
and will be perfect for the car/truck, etc.

Reactions: msuga

·
Stuck in the City...
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=&style=MB028
I used a earlier,slightly smaller version of this pack for years.It is basicly the same as a thomas aeromed pack but about 20% the cost.Great design and plenty big for a car kit.
This is more of what I am looking for. than you for the suggestion. You said you had one currently? any chance you can take a few pics of it? maybe show the compartments? I hate when online sellers only show the one pic of the bag.

The other two bags are cheap and good for a smaller sized kit but, I think I will want something a little bigger.

Thanks again and Happy Fourth!!!!

·
Prov 3:18
2,235 Posts
You said you had one currently? any chance you can take a few pics of it? maybe show the compartments?
I used it from 99 to 04 when I got a larger pack.When I upsized( Medic means more gear,or so I thought at the time),I gave the pack to my partner.It was the same basic layout without the side pouches and the front bellows-type pocket. There is one pic with the pack open on the link,but if you google" thomas aeromed pack" it is very similar in layout.The inside is two clear front zipper pouches the width of the compartment(secured to the bag with velcro) ,the lid has one leaf with velcro attached pouches as seen on the link and other slot type pouches(some clear some not).Mine didn't have the side pockets but they may have clear velcro pockets inside(thomas has some and some elastic).The bellows front pocket is just a big open pouch if it folows the thomas pattern. The top ouch may or not have the clear velcro pouches(mine was just a simple zipper clamshell type pocket). Lastly under the shoulder straps there is another slot pocket.

I needed to correct something from earlier,the Thomas packs have really come down in price(still twice the dynamed).At this price I might steer you to the Thomas.http://www.thomasems.com/aeromedpack.html

Just be aware the velcro on most thomas packs has hook on the pack and loop on the pouches ,so most velcro accessories need a simple adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're in luck my friend. I just happened to purchase a Dyna Med Air Medical Bag from Galls a couple of days ago. I took a few photos of it for your inspection. Keep in mind that I purchased the bag empty and stocked it with my own supplies. In my opinion, the bag is small. The inside pouches are really thin and narrow, as are the outside pockets. If you're looking to stow a BVM or a c-collar, then you're out of luck (unless you take out all of the color coded pouches). Otherwise, it's a tough bag. I especially like the clear, zippered pockets behind the cover. BTW, I'm always open to suggestions on the setup of my jump kit.

Attachments

·
Stuck in the City...
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow!!! Thanks for the info and the great pictures. It looks like a good size up from what I have already. It would take me awhile to fill it up. I'll have to put it on the wish list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts