Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just a quick word. I'm about to buy a Johnson & Johnson first aid kit, the basic one, or the deluxe one. But does anybody know anything about the deluxe one? The basic one has 170 pieces, and I heard the deluxe contains 200 pieces. We have the 170 piece in our house, and to me there is no better first aid kit for hiking and camping. A little bulky, but to me, weight doesn't matter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) One good thing, (if you have some extra space in the kit) is to add some sterile wrapped gauze pads. Johnson & Johnson's 2x2 gauze pads work great for getting bleeding to stop, or just simply to wrap a burn in. Another good thing to buy is something by Curad, called Telfa. It's like a second skin for large surface injuries such as scrapes and burns. Good luck with your kit!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've always found that some items in a commercial first aid kit weren't stocked in sufficient quantity. If I were going to purchase a new first aid kit I'd stop and think about what I'm capable of recognizing and treating. Then I'd make out a list of all those generalized injuries and illneses and start listing the items I'd need to treat them. Then I'd try to condense the list and find a bag (not box) capable of storing it all. Then I'd do some searching online for first aid supplies. There are several sites that I buy off for work that offer very reasonable prices. Just my $0.02. Hopefully you'll never need any of this stuff.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i have a ton of medical equipment, wound dressing kits, frist aid kits everywere, too much to list and yes i plan on rendering help to those who need it, like the elderly, mothers and childeren if they can't make it to a hospital i'll do my best to help, I'LL TELL THEM I'M HERE TO HELP YOU MY ABILTY TO SAVE YOUR LIFE ALSO ENABLES ME TO TAKE IT SO BE COOL I JUST WANT TO HELP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts