Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tell me how many books in the Firefox Book Series? I like the various plants and things you build. How-to if you will. I want to get them all after the first of the year.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think you mean Foxfire and there are 12 books in the series.Barnes & Noble and Books a Million both carry the entire series. There is a Foxfire museum near Dillard Ga that also has all of the series and a lot of other similar books.If its not too far it would be worth it to visit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
At the Foxfire museum they have all the books plus other How-to appalachian area skills, but as far as the museum ( in Mountain City actually), don't expect too much. There are several old log houses and a church, but half of them are locked up, and they don't have hardly any of the items that the books give insight into making.

·
Registered
47 Posts
those fire fox books remind me of my great great grandmother
she did a lot of that stuff all her life,i used to sit and listen to her for hours.she made medicines from stuff in the woods,pumped water out of a well with a hand pump in her kitchen,she still used an outhouse.she cooked on a martha washington wood burning stove from the 1890;s,grew a garden till she was 96.she hunted and trapped.i will never forget her:cool:neo

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mother in law had the one on appalacian cooking. It starts off with how to cook in a fireplace and then moves on to wood stoves. I have to admit its one of the coolest books I've ever read. It even has drawings for how to build a spring house. Love it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you can get the whole series on disc from LIBRUM for $20.01,I just ordered them.very good books with a lot of good information
If you can, send me a link to what you bought. I looked at Librum and the only one I saw only had the first 6 foxfire books on a DVD with 8 alchemist books on it too.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have all of them. I believe that they came out with #13 a few years ago. I also have the Foxfire book on Appalachian games. I love them. The only problem is that a lot of the interviews read like Huck Finn. It's kinda hard to understand sometimes. If you are from Illinois, you might need a translator. :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think I have 1 -5 and the Christmas one. I also have an extra 2, but can't remember which ones (2 and 3 maybe).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts