Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im canadian and I was wondering if any could reccomend some firearms which would be effective but also take into account my countrys stricter gun laws. Im new to this and am really trying to get prepared so any help with and with survivalism in general would help a lot thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Trayzo

I am not all that familiar with the laws in your country, but it seems to me, that one of the most “acceptable” firearms to any government, would be a “single shot” weapon.

And by far, the best single shot weapon in the world, is the “break down 12 gauge shotgun”.

It is the safest, and yet the most powerful.

Also, it is the least expensive.

And you can defend your home with this weapon.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
You are allowed to have pump shotguns. very versitile. I would go with that as well a .22

They are allowed in canada if im not mistaken easyer to get a licences for!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you can get a restricted license as well which allows you to own handguns if you belong to a legit gun club and i think you can get some semi auto rifles too i think

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
I bet the criminals still have all the “Good weapons,” you know the ones that are not allowed! :taped:

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
Hi Im canadian
im sorry:D:

i think a bolt .22 and a 12 ga single shot. you can do almost anything anywhere with this set up. not to mention they are two of the most inexpensive rounds:thumb:.

if you can own a pump look into one of those, but a single shot will do the trick.

search youtube for single shot shotgun, there is one of a guy who teaches you to use one very effectively.

T

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shotguns are fine as long as its not modified into a sawed off but thats not really an issue. Is the M14 any good ive found a Canadian site that sells fairly cheap ones made by Norinco

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
The best rifles to get would be in your neck of the woods is the .303 Enfield. The 10 Round detachable magazine and the fast to cycle bolt make it the best stand in for an assault rifle. Then a Marlin 336 in .30-30 would also make a politican friendly compramise. A Pump twelve would be helpful for big bears.

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
96 Posts
hello fellow canuk

Hi Im canadian and I was wondering if any could reccomend some firearms which would be effective but also take into account my countrys stricter gun laws. Im new to this and am really trying to get prepared so any help with and with survivalism in general would help a lot thanks
i'm from canada too. i have been dealing with this for years. stay away from ar-15, ak47, and all hand guns. very hard to stay grey with these in your house.
get a good shotgun remington 870, mossberg 500 or 590, winchester defender.
then get a sks type 56. this shoots 7.62 x 39 same as the ak47.
these guns will be treated the same as hunting guns.
don't forget ammo, you can get 7.62 x 39 for $199.00 for 1120 rounds.
get 200 00buck
200 slugs
200 t
200 #6
200 #7.5
with this you should be able to handle what ever comes along.
always feel free to ask advice from those that have been doing this for awhile.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
This might sound bizaare,but the old Swiss K31 might be a pretty good choice.Those things are tack driver accurate,smooth as a baby's butt,and obscure enough to not draw un-neccessary attention.I'd get as much ammo for it as possible.
They allow Nagants in Canada?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would echo what others have recommended, especially the lever actions. A .30-30 lever action rifle is great for hunting deer sized game and in the hands of a skilled shooter makes a formidable defense weapon. If you need something for bigger game you can get a .45/70 or a .450 Marlin. Both of these big bore lever actions will take down any big game animal in this hemisphere. A good in between cartridge is the .35 Remington, and Marlin has recently introduced a new cartridge for their lever action rifles called the 308 Marlin Express with ballistics that parallel the .308 / 7.62 NATO. The only down side to these I think is they are not very common yet and the ammo is going to be more expensive and harder to find so you would probably also want to invest in reloading equipment (not sure what the laws in Canada are regarding reloading ammo). Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would NOT reccommend a single shot rifle or shotgun unless that is your ONLY choice. While these are very reliable, they are much too limiting in the situations that they can handle. I would not want to count on the one shot solving the types of situations that you could encounter, especially self-denfense. The pump shotgun and lever-action rifle would be much better choices.

·
Registered
806 Posts
To own any firearm, you need your FAC. The basic FAC covers shotguns and rifles with minimum 18" barrel, singleshot, leveraction, pumpaction, boltaction, and most non-military semiautos.
The restricted weapon FAC is required for handguns.
Any rifle or shotgun cut shorter than 18" barrel is prohibited for private citizens.

So, pump shotgun and a rifle make a good system, shortrange and longrange.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This might sound bizaare,but the old Swiss K31 might be a pretty good choice.Those things are tack driver accurate,smooth as a baby's butt,and obscure enough to not draw un-neccessary attention.I'd get as much ammo for it as possible.
They allow Nagants in Canada?
yes we have nagants here. the 7.62 x 54r is a great round. i have only ever seen one k31 so it might be hard to find one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To all the Canadians out there are you able/allowed to purchase springfield armory products in Canada?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts