Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Civilians can't get permits to carry in canada, concealed or not.
It seems that the only civilians that are allowed to carry in canada are armored car drivers to protect the banks money.
Do you think that the government of canada is more concerned about protecting the banks than the people protecting themselves and their families? Even Security Professionals in canada are not allowed to carry to protect people, and property. Something smells bad here... :(
Furthermore, legal gun owners are not allowed to defend themselves in their businesses or homes using firearms; if they do, they get charged. :eek:

After licensing, safety/live fire training, and background checks, do you think people should be allowed to carry for the purpose of self defence?

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yes I think they should.

Except for those McKenzie brothers. Keep the guns away from them ah.

Seriously, Canadians are no different than anyone else. They want to feel safe and be able to protect their families so I think they should at least be able to do that much.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Asking that question here is kinda redundant it's like asking that question at Canadian Carry or on Canadian Gun Nutz. Of course we should be able to defend ourself and we can we just have to prove it to a judge that it was justified but it's not a "right". Do I think we should yes do people around me think so no. My mother, mother in law and wife wouldn't carry a gun. The only way my wife would use a gun is to defend her children and even then I wonder some times. Course I think we have different points of view. I know many people who need to die. My wife had a different up bring and thinks of most people as decent I don't share her point of view on the decency of people.

If you are interested in a group fitting for this freedom try these guys.
http://canadacarry.org/

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Why wait till its gone?

You folks up north should of raised a stink when the law was passed, total revolt, then you would have something to bitch about. Now all I see is sheeple.
Sorry that's the way I feel.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually a lot of gun owners did make a stink about it, AND about our costly gun registry, but the ignorant Liberal government of the time passed the laws anyways. I guess it makes them feel more protected, only having criminals carrying on the streets.
I for one don't feel comfortable out on the streets at night anymore, things have completely gotten out of hand. Our current laws seem to protect the criminals more than law abiding citizens.
As for revolting? good luck on that. No civilian, armed or not, would have a chance against any fully trained police or military force. anyone who thinks this is delusional.
However the idea might raise some eyebrows in the government after the occurance; then the government would ban all firearms related... to make the sheep feel safe. LOL!
I guess this is how the broken system works up here... when a firearms related incident happens, the government take more guns away.
Soon, only the criminals will be carrying, and since the police cant be there for you all the time, it will be a nightmare.

·
Firearm Enthusiast
864 Posts
After licensing, safety/live fire training, and background checks, do you think people should be allowed to carry for the purpose of self defence?
I think that you should be able to defend yourself whether you been licensed and trained or not.

Self defense is a fundamental human right.

·
awake and aware
591 Posts
I was just in Canada a few weeks ago and learned that people couldn't carry concealed weapons. I didn't know that beforehand.
I think it's a tragedy and leaves people wide open for anything...gov't control, crime etc.

I hope it is overturned. From what I gathered, there isn't a big organization pushing for the laws to change either.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts

Discuss.
Yes.

Contrary to a previous poster, I do believe in training and licensing. I think it is rather obvious that:

1) guns in untrained hands would result in more serious accidents than guns in trained hands, and

2) that there are some people in any society who really shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

$0.02,
-Per.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
the people up there are pesents and subject sorry guys. agreat place there and great people too but your gov. sucks

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
I think ... that there are some people in any society who really shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
I am pretty sure that the people you think shouldn't be allowed to own guns don't really want to be part of what you call society. Unfortunately there is no place in the world left where one could go and be independent of self imposed societal structures.

We are born in bondage and have no choice in the matter. However golden and shinny the cage of society is, it's still a cage.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
declan - I agree. I think the issue is not whether or not we want societal rules, but which ones do we want, how will we enforce them and how are we going to react to the ones we don't like. Absolute freedom simply does not exist.

I believe the OP is getting at the first point - do we think society should allow a certain behaviour? (Which, currently, is disallowed in Canada.)

Cheers,
-Per.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the people up there are pesents and subject sorry guys. agreat place there and great people too but your gov. sucks
Canadians are all 'pesents'? could be worse, we could be american slaves...
well i guess it could be worse... our government up here could be bankrolling wars with foreign countries protecting the oil, pumping bail out money to take care of the rich, while stepping on the poor... ya your right, canadian politics sucks... but enough of this 'my government is better than yours' rant.

way i look at it, all governments are the same. doesnt matter where you go.
Something i learned a long time ago, is that you cant please everyone. When it comes to politics everyone is divided. Its almost as bad as racism. The division is driving the entire human race into a downward spiral. A spiral, sadly that will end us all. can u imagine how strong the world would be if we all came together as a race...ALL of us, together?

Hmm if i recall, this was a thread about canadian gun laws, not about politics.

As much as i hate our gun carry laws, id still rather be in canada.

peace

·
Does not play well
1,511 Posts
...sigh...

Does no one remember that government exists by and through the CONSENT of the people?!!! WE collectively grant the government authority to act in our name, and when they cease to act in the best interest of the people that empower them it is our RIGHT and AUTHORITY to dissolve the governing body!

People the world over have slowly swallowed the lie that governments grant rights to the people. The truth is that governments only exist because OF the people. Our creator gave us rights. Life grants us rights. Rights that nobody can take away by force (but can be surrendered by ourselves due to bad behavior).

Canada (and every other government in the world) can only do what the people tolerate. If you do not like a law and enough people agree then you have the power to take back that law from the government since it was not created in the people's interest.

Now go and act!

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
politicians make promises, we vote them in. they brake the promises they make...

democracy is an illusion. governments do what they want, when they want. its all about money, banks and big business.
in the end, it all comes down to who has the most money. pathetic.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
same situation as the jewelry store im posted at. though I'm armed- standing orders are if i pull my weapon I get fired regardless of the reason. It may just be to keep some kind of limit on the triggerhappy officers, but it doesn't really effect me that much. I've changed jobs many of times in this buisness. And I have a backup gun in case my own is impounded for any investigation post- event. Telling me that I'll be fired for protecting myself (as I'm a paid bullet magnet) has little effect on how I operate.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
hey Dwind

better to be trialed by 12 than carried by 6...

as for the Canadian rules on guns...they are what they are have been around a long time.... sure it has its faults (see gun registry cash grab)

many folks are jealous of the American model of laws regarding guns...personally....in Canada, there is no need for concealed carry........ thats my POV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts