Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have any experience with Duracoat finish for rifles and handguns. Anyone know the detail of how to do it yourself without searching for a gunsmith?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats gonna be real usefull. I have been considering duracoat for a couple of my rifles . I wanted to use it on a Vz-24 8mm and my No 4 Mk1 Lonbranch.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
I would like to finsih the metal portions of my Mossberg 100 in Duracoat to protect it and to match the nice camo stock it already has.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive seen some firearms done in Duracoat, they were all nice looking arms. I was just thinking of it"s rust inhibiting properties in case I need to cache some things. Looks really wouldnt matter as much to me as the protection it might provide.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Ive seen some firearms done in Duracoat, they were all nice looking arms. I was just thinking of it"s rust inhibiting properties in case I need to cache some things. Looks really wouldnt matter as much to me as the protection it might provide.
I'm not familiar w/Duracoat, but if it isn't applied to the inner workings, of your firearms and you say, bury them, you need to take special care and be sure and coat them with some type of preservative also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts