Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stopping by various stores for the last few months and everyone is running pretty low on stock. Very few AR's and AK's to be had. Today I went by Carter Country on I-10 and also the one on 59 Both had some AR 15's about 8 at each store. But the best news got from them is they're still doing lay-aways on new rifles. They're the only store I know of in the Houston area doing so. Putting on lay away now guarantees you'll get it, but the final price is determined on the day you pick it up. So today's $1600 Busmaster could be $1800 when you pay it off three months from now, but you still get one.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I haven't been paying much atttention to the price of AR's lately...tho that sounds like a lot for a Bushmaster...anyone?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't understand why more AR's can't be built faster. How long do they take? Are they not cranking them out? Why doesn't someone ramp up the importation of AK's? Why not some Egyptian or African built AK's if the Comm bloc ones are all gone? Or some Norinco ones with the name erased or changed.....

I wish Academy would place another order for that $2.99/box AK ammo. Instead of 500,000 cases; how about go for the full million this time?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
was at Collectors the other day- they have a nice supply of Saiga .308s but they are about 750. no SKSs but I saw a SWEET CETME for 640.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't understand why more AR's can't be built faster. How long do they take? Are they not cranking them out? Why doesn't someone ramp up the importation of AK's? Why not some Egyptian or African built AK's if the Comm bloc ones are all gone? Or some Norinco ones with the name erased or changed.....
You can't buy a direct import from foreign countries. The rifles come in to a middle man, who converts the rifle to 922 compliance, i.e. century arms, olympic, etc. I am sure they can't keep up.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I was also looking at a M1a fully loaded, stainless NM barrel target sights, they wanted 1800 bucks for it. If I had that kind of money to spend I'd buy it over an AR at the same price.

·
Question Authority!
260 Posts
Where the heck did you find an M1A for that price? Everyone I have seen with those extras were in excess of $2500.00

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was also looking at a M1a fully loaded, stainless NM barrel target sights, they wanted 1800 bucks for it. If I had that kind of money to spend I'd buy it over an AR at the same price.
That is a good price for that weapon.

·
I'd rather be Jeeping...
762 Posts
Pistol ammo is getting scarce, too. I was at BassPro Shop at Katy Mills last week. They had 1 box of 9mm, were out of .40, and almost no .45. I bought the single box of 9mm.

Does any of the Wal-Marts on the west side of Houston or Katy area carry ammo?

~JohnP

·
Registered
590 Posts
I guess I got lucky. I bought a m1a socom a year ago for $1600. Now that I am hearing M1As going for over $2k and AR-15s for $1500....

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Where the heck did you find an M1A for that price? Everyone I have seen with those extras were in excess of $2500.00
Boise Gun Co.
They have a web page but are really slow to update it, I'd give them a call if you are interested.
Peter

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Being from Houston myself originally, I suspect that the ammo shortage cited by all of you Texas guys is due to the annual shooting into the air at midnight New Year's Eve tradition Texan's love so well. :)

There's plenty of ammo at Wal Mart here north of Atlanta.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Gettin buy with as little $$$ as possible?? ammoman.com, surplusammo.com, Walmart
Kesselrinks.com and my favorite for Spokane -Northern ID, Davesguns.com in Ninemile on the Spokane River.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Pistol ammo is getting scarce, too. I was at BassPro Shop at Katy Mills last week. They had 1 box of 9mm, were out of .40, and almost no .45. I bought the single box of 9mm.

Does any of the Wal-Marts on the west side of Houston or Katy area carry ammo?

~JohnP
They do but limited supply, forget the Fry rd/I-10 walmart. You may want to try fry and w. little york or fry and 290. They are getting bare so go quick

·
Banned
630 Posts
Speaking for Coastal South Carolina, there is really no shortage of weapons or ammunition here...The Walmart in Georgetown is pretty stacked up with all types of ammunition and the gun shops I frequent, have a good supply of "Assault" weapons..ie:
AKs, AR15s,Sig 556s, Fals,MIas, Garands,SKSs etc....and plenty of ammo....

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
Wal Mart here in Iowa has good stock of .45ACP,9mm,.40S&W and 22lr. Surprising too, that the price of a "value pack" of Win White Box 9mm is still way cheaper than I could find 9mm at the gun show this weekend. I can't believe I'm now paying 20-30 dollars a box for .45ACP!

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
SPeaking of prices and availability. I saw a remmington AR15 for $1100 at a chain store. Is this a decent price? Prefer to put a 44 mag lever action in the safe right now, but with the door closing of purchasing a semi. Might as well get one before it's too late. I am thinking late spring early summer, but that's just a funny feeling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts