Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been talking for a while about moving/retiring to Mexico, and with all the financial crap going on, we're more serious about it now.

I can find all kinds of info about different aspects of life there like health care, buying property, etc from many other websites, but I was wondering what the deal is with firearms/ammo in Mexico, both legal and practical, and thought I would ask these questions here:

Is it legal for a non-Mexican to own/use firearms there? How difficult is it to purchase them there? Is ammo readily available? how about purchasing via Internet/shipment? etc...Any info appreciated.

rick

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
From Wikipedia

Mexico

Even though Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution declares the right to bear arms, it is currently illegal in Mexico for any civilian to own a fire arm of any caliber used, tested, or currently in use by the Mexican Government or Military.

This limits a citizen to legally own a .22 to .380 caliber rifle or similar firearm without a full-automatic firing system.

Ownership of any centerfire caliber designed for automatic or military rifles is forbidden.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I know a fellow who lives there part time with about 1500 other Americans somewhere in NW Mexico. He spends a lot of time still in the US basically recruiting people to come down and live in his "commune".

Basically he is a hard core anti government tin foil hat wearing survivalist.

To hear him talk it is quite easy to procure lots of weapons in Mexico. I would be willing to bet that 98% of what he has is illegal as well.

I asked him how he gets away with it and he replied that justice has a price, meaning they buy their cops off, same as we do here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My brother lived down there for a few years and said no self respecting man would not have a 12 gauge shotgun and a .38 special revolver.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I would advise not moving there, gun owners worst nightmare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts