Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locally there was a fire that burned down eleven homes in a new subdivision before it was brought under control. Investigation results determined that part of the problem was home density in the subdivision. Homes built too close together was given as a contributing factor to the loss.

Developers trying to maximize land usage are building McMansions right on top of each other. Basically cramming as many homes into a subdivision as they can get away with. It appears that when one goes it present a risk to adjacent homes. Especially if there is wind present.

Could this be another reason to move out of suburbia...especially if you live in a newer sub thats packed like sardines in a can.
Peter

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Traveling this past week on business to Lafayette, Ga and Dalton, I had the opportunity to see what you are talking about. HUGE homes on 1/4 an acre or smaller.
The homes are so close, when you go to the bathroom, your neighbor calls and asks you for a "courtesy flush", or when you sneeze they call and say "bless ya".
Boy I guess that is the trade-off for a big house these days. :(

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Makes me appreciate my small house in the country. 6 miles to town.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Some of the housing divisions I've seen here have walls touching each other but they are called detached homes what a joke

·
Wherever I may Roam
339 Posts
bless you

Traveling this past week on business to Lafayette, Ga and Dalton, I had the opportunity to see what you are talking about. HUGE homes on 1/4 an acre or smaller.
The homes are so close, when you go to the bathroom, your neighbor calls and asks you for a "courtesy flush", or when you sneeze they call and say "bless ya".
Boy I guess that is the trade-off for a big house these days. :(
Out here, we just holler through an open window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts