Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love a good firestarter. Especially a good homemade, easy firestarter. A buddy told me this cupcake recipe. Take a muffin tin and place your cupcake liners like you normally would if you were making muffins or cupcakes. now place a small amount of dryer lint at the base of each cupcake. Then place sawdust over the lint.
Now that you have your core, drizzle melted wax from your favorite "Unscented" candles all over your cupcakes until they are pretty solid. Solid enough for travel at least. You can play with your "batter" until you get your perfect mixture. I like to throw a couple in a zip-loc with some matches as a stable firestarter, no goopy petroleum/ leaky gasoline to deal with. The cupcake liner catches right away, then picks up the lint, which engulfs the sawdust/wax mixture and burns for a long time depending on your "batter."
I've even experimented with placing a wick down the center and it turns into a nice candle, just add a little more wax.
I hope the recipe will be a beneficial to you as it has been to me.

Take Care,
John

·
hunter-gatherer
751 Posts
Somebody was mentioning they do that with 'mini' cups and then dropping in a vaseline cotton ball, then just wrap the whole thing up. No mess, easy to light, burns like crazy.

Personally i still prefer melting vaseline and pouring it on a cotton 'make up wipe'. Still the best home made tinder i've used.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Another recipe for firestarters:
- Take a 1 inch by 10 inch strip of corrugated cardboard. Roll into a roll, tie with string.
- Dip in to melted wax holding with pliers. Let cool.

Done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.