Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I took a little trip down to Espoo, Finland to visit FinnMan and his family. FinnMan and I did a little hiking, cooking, BS-ing, blade testing and camping (well, we were in a "cabin", which looks a lot nicer on the outside!).

I cooked us up some "pyttipannu", which is pan-fried potatoes, onions and bacon with salt and pepper. It was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. (The pics are dark because it was at night, and we had to use our headlights to cook by.) FinnMan batoned lots of wood and kept the fire going. Like our collection of leukus? You can also see FinnMan's hukari on the pile of logs. The next day, we made a fire outside and cooked some sausages, pea soup and bannock (with raisins and sugar). Mmm-mmm! We got a good amount of hiking done and enjoyed the beautiful natural scenery.

Besides accidentally melting part of my glove on a hot pan handle, singeing the finger hair off my right hand, almost stepping in a HUGE pile of horse apples on the trail, the loud drunk teenagers in the tent nearby and taking what seemed like days to cook the pyttipannu, we had a really good time.

Thanks FinnMan!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey that look like fun. Campfire looks inviting,great view, what more could you want?

Reactions: bmatt

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, the food looks great!

I got tired of eating the same old camping food standbys, so I've been experimenting with other stuff. It's really not that difficult to cook well in the back country. I just washed the veggies and stuff before we went out and mixed the dry ingredients for the bread in advance and put it in a plastic bag. A little preparation beforehand goes a long way.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts

I got tired of eating the same old camping food standbys, so I've been experimenting with other stuff. It's really not that difficult to cook well in the back country. I just washed the veggies and stuff before we went out and mixed the dry ingredients for the bread in advance and put it in a plastic bag. A little preparation beforehand goes a long way.
That is the key to cooking in the bush. Takes a little time, but well worth it in the long run.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Mate that food looks great and the scenery is beautiful,i love getting prepared for camping trips that half the fun.

Im glad the mini nessie is seeing some use and im sure the patina looks great:thumb:

Im glad you and FinnMan had a good time i only wish i could have been there to enjoy you food,company and that scenery,Food always comes first LOL:D:

Thanks for taking the time to post.:thumb:

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Aaaah the joy of the outdoors, lucky bugger$.
Recognise the knife, I'm sure I heared its little bro let out a little whimper when it saw its relation out camping.(I have its twin you see.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts