Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Good luck. Your hens will create a friendly atmosphere around the yard. The eggs will come in handy and the feathers will be a great addition to the kids craft days. They can go on cards, decorated boxes (oatmeal boxes, cocoa box), colages ect..........

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
I am reporting you immediately to the SPCA!

Making them drink from a poultry roaster is inhuman psychological torture!:D:

Congrats on the birds,...have they started laying yet?:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck. Your hens will create a friendly atmosphere around the yard. The eggs will come in handy and the feathers will be a great addition to the kids craft days. They can go on cards, decorated boxes (oatmeal boxes, cocoa box), colages ect..........
I think they will create a friendly atmosphere too. I told my wife that when we bringing them home and she laughed. She'll see though. I didn't even think about using feathers for anything...good idea! Chickens are great....so many uses, and just feels nice being around them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am reporting you immediately to the SPCA!

Making them drink from a poultry roaster is inhuman psychological torture!:D:

Congrats on the birds,...have they started laying yet?:)
:D:
LOL!
I didn't even think about that. That used to be the dog's dinner bowl. I had to find something to put water in until I get them something else. That is too funny, though!
Yes, they have started laying. I just got them today, so I don't know when they will start laying in their new home. I have to finish their coop and that will probably help.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Awesome hens... I just aquired 5 Austrolops ( I think thats how they are spelled) by trading a bantam and 2 giant mixed breed roosters plus cash.So I have 7 Hens now. They making a nest area yet?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome hens... I just aquired 5 Austrolops ( I think thats how they are spelled) by trading a bantam and 2 giant mixed breed roosters plus cash.So I have 7 Hens now. They making a nest area yet?
They have all ready laid 3 eggs. That's pretty good considering the amount of time I have had them.
I made nesting areas for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts